Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Where can I buy a quality replica of a SS dagger?

Article about: Hello everyone, as I stated in the title I want to know where I can buy a quality replica SS dagger. I'm hoping I can own a real one someday, but they are far too expansive for now. I really

FilipK
    ?

Default Where can I buy a quality replica of a SS dagger?

Hello everyone, as I stated in the title I want to know where I can buy a quality replica SS dagger. I'm hoping I can own a real one someday, but they are far too expansive for now. I really want a SS dagger, but every reproduction I've seen is shit, the eagle is mutated and the SS button looks like crap too. Does anyone know of any decent reproductions? That actually come with a wooden handle instead of cheap plastic? Thanks (:

2. # ADS

Default Re: Where can I buy a quality replica of a SS dagger?

Hello and welcome to the forum,
    Most times if you see one that really looks like a real one, it is from someone that is trying to sell it as real.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

FilipK
    ?

Thank you, so all in all, it's not worth buying a replica?

Save your money.For every fake blade purchased 10 more pop up.Don't encourage the fake market

?

This has been irritating me for a while now, so Ill just say it.

A replica is not a fake, it is a replica, a recreation of the original. A fake, is something that is not what it is said to be. A replica being sold as an original is a fake, but a replica produced to be a replica, is indeed a replica and there is nothing wrong with wanting a replica (though replicas aren't usually discussed on the forum, a replica subforum maybe for replica related discussions?), as long as you don't intend to turn it into a fake.

There, just wanted to say that.
    Nitram

?

A fake is a fake...

You maybe should start out with a nice SA Dagger....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Where can I buy a quality replica of a SS dagger?  

If you want to own a a fake,replica ,reproduction, great knock yourself out. Just remember if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck its most likely a duck.Happy collecting

I'm with Lowboy on this one, why not start with an SA.
    Lakesidetrader had a parts dagger for about $300 which is now sold.

Hi FilipK,,.."The quality replica", that you are searching for ,,are out there and can be found,, these are the SS daggers that are made up of some real parts and passed off as real,, and also comes with a high price tag,, but not a s high of a price tag as a real one. Theses undercut prices are to lure the unknowing buyer into a false sense of getting a good deal. If you are comfortable with spending between $2000-3000 dollars,, just because it its close to real,, then this is the direction you need to go and gauranteed you will not be satisfied after the initial excitement clears along with once was a full wallet of money!,, but under no circumstances will you find a quality repro as I described above, for about $100. These parts daggers are reserved for the fakers out there trying to steal your money..and they will be the satisfied customer!
    Real satisfaction like a "game hunter" comes with planning and researching its background before striking. Once you have researched first,, then you are ready for the hunt. Dont look for a quick fix and as LowBoy said it would be best to start out with something that is authentic. Once you accumulated a few of these beauties then the choice is yours to trade them for a quality, authentic SS dagger.
    Some of the greatest game hunters will wait days before firing a shot to capture their prize,,, and they dont just go in and start blasting away just to end up with a prize full of holes from buckshot. One shot one kill IMO and with daggers it can take months,, and the reason it takes months is because you will have researched your target first and you will know when to take that one and only shot. The wait is well worth it and you will be able to proudly display and have something to talk about knowing you have done well.
    There have been plenty of great opportunity for myself to bag a dagger and I held off knowing deep down although it was nice,, something was telling me not to pull the trigger as a bigger prize will be around the corner,, and for me my recent thread "Early SA Ed Wustoff" was that such prize. It was the group mark which like an Elbino elephant to a hunter is ultra rare so was the gruppe mark "Oe" as rare,, Im glad I waited!
    Some of the greatest mistakes that we collectors learn the hard way from is that in the beginning we just want to have one of these in our collections, for the sake of having one. Sometimes the first buy is a lucky hit and once the fever sets in,,the real danger begins. dont settle for less. Study your target first and see what would be best for you. That $2000-3000 is a one bullet shot,, once you fire it,,you better hope it was worth it. A sniper finds great satisfaction in "One shot" and hits his target every time.
    Take your time FilipK" and study your target dagger. You want something to be proud of that you have done on your own. Sorry to talk so much,, but I am very passionate about collecting this stuff and research makes all the difference. Best regards Larry