Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 SS dagger

Article about: Hello I'm looking at picking up this dagger. It came out of an estate about 3 weeks ago! Thanks Curt

?

Default WW2 SS dagger

Hello
    I'm looking at picking up this dagger. It came out of an estate about 3 weeks ago!

Thanks Curt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 SS dagger   WW2 SS dagger  

WW2 SS dagger   WW2 SS dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 SS dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Cat...the dagger shows great promise..with a type 1 / type C .. chained hanger. I hope you would be able to obtain this dagger reasonably..and post better photos under better lighting conditions. Looks great so far..but more needs to be seen. You may also want to post separately the other items in the SS Uniform section for authentication. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-20-2014 at 11:59 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

All looks good.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The eagle appears to have the correct detailing for a original. As for the tab, though it too looks original, especially the material, the copies are done quite well and coincidently can be usually found in this condition, i.e missing it's reverse, which IMO is suspect. I have never seen a original of this variant without it's buckram therefore I am not certain it's original. Good luck and fingers crossed on the dagger.

A original for comparison from a suppose "vet grouping".
    WW2 SS daggerWW2 SS dagger

The daggers fine anyway. I personally am not prepared to pay the over inflated prices of these daggers.

good luck on the pickup, matty

Hi all...just for learning..i knew that type1 chained daggers had plated fittings...here seem to be nickel silver while the pommel nut hs a different grade of oxidation respect the rest of the fittings...but i m unexpert so don t mind too much my doubts:-)

Lucabrnroma, what it is this is the guards are nickel but the nut is the plated type.

looking at the colour of the scabbard fittings they are most likely nickel too.

Well noticed anyway, matty

Hi Luca..take a look at the 5th photo going down which shows the back of the chain..and clip assembly...looks plated to me..and consistent of a type 1 chain. There is much lifting to be seen in that photo. Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Chain is plated I agree.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast