Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M35 SS DD Stahlhelm

Article about: Following are a series of photos of the M35. Hopefully this will give more clarity to those offering their opinions on the veraciity of the helmet. It may be difficult to see in the photos b

Default M35 SS DD Stahlhelm

M35  SS DD StahlhelmM35  SS DD StahlhelmM35  SS DD StahlhelmM35  SS DD StahlhelmM35  SS DD StahlhelmM35  SS DD StahlhelmM35  SS DD StahlhelmM35  SS DD StahlhelmM35  SS DD StahlhelmM35  SS DD StahlhelmM35  SS DD StahlhelmFollowing are a series of photos of the M35.

Hopefully this will give more clarity to those offering their opinions on the veraciity of the helmet.

It may be difficult to see in the photos but the party decal outline is cleary visible under the camo paint.

Again to those doubters I can only say that this helmet is one of only three items in my collection where I personally know 100% of the provenance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35  SS DD Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 SS DD Stahlhelm

Sorry I am not one of the Fans of this helmet either. As said to you before the decals are not real, as is the paint. 2 other things I will point out is the Helmet is an M40, not M35, and the lot number has 2 matches, both are for KM helmets. I an not saying it has to be a KM but its a very strong possibility.

With all due respect, if you are so certain yours is real, then why post for opinions?
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 10-09-2011 at 04:03 AM.

Here is a link to some for you to compare lots of good info here please look. The Online Guide to World War II German Helmets

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

What is the provenance then?

I am afraid your M35 is an M40 Q with a DN code typically made 1943. M40 SS were virtually all single decal except a rare handful, and those double decal's are exclusively 1940 made with no DN code. All Q SS were made with Q decals from factory, not CA Pocher as yours has. Plus your CA Pocher decal is a known fake, the camo paint is postwar applied and aged.

Teutonic nights I'm afraid the example your showing does nothing to help reichss, it's an M42 with a completely different decal factory applied, either an ET or NS/SE decal.

Sorry reichss, this is a fake SS.

Quote by DougB View Post

I am afraid your M35 is an M40 Q with a DN code typically made 1943. M40 SS were virtually all single decal except a rare handful, and those DD's are excusively 1940 made with no DN code. All Q SS were made with Q decals from factory, not CA Pocher as yours has. Plus your CA decal is a known fake, the camo paint is postwar applied and aged.

Teutonic nights I'm afraid the example your showing does nothing to help reichss, it's an M42 with a completely different decal factory applied, either an ET or NS/SE decal.

I was just trying to help hehe

?

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    I was just trying to help hehe
    No problem but it would be best to show an M40 Q with a correct Q decal. I don't want reichss getting any more confused, the subject matter has already been oversimplified and he's spending hard earned cash on fakes as a result. What's your source for your helmets reichss?

Quote by DougB View Post
    No problem but it would be best to show an M40 Q with a correct Q decal. I don't want reichss getting any more confused, the subject matter has already been oversimplified and he's spending hard earned cash on fakes as a result. What's your source for your helmets reichss?
    I removed it....

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...le-decal-8461/

Is this better
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 10-09-2011 at 05:47 AM.

?

Quote by DougB View Post

I am afraid your M35 is an M40 Q with a DN code typically made 1943. M40 SS were virtually all single decal except a rare handful, and those double decal's are exclusively 1940 made with no DN code. All Q SS were made with Q decals from factory, not CA Pocher as yours has. Plus your CA Pocher decal is a known fake, the camo paint is postwar applied and aged.

As Doug has so eloquently explained this Helmet is one to run away from for all the above reasons !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Sorry I am not one of the Fans of this helmet either. As said to you before the decals are not real, as is the paint. 2 other things I will point out is the Helmet is an M40, not M35, and the lot number has 2 matches, both are for KM helmets. I an not saying it has to be a KM but its a very strong possibility.
    Even i know it's an M40

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast