Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

advice on camo covers please

Article about: Hi guys. Mainly thanks to you all I have found my way in the world of germam ww2 helmets. Going from relics to salty and ending up with a couple of genuine good condition battle warn SD helm

Default advice on camo covers please

Hi guys.

Mainly thanks to you all I have found my way in the world of germam ww2 helmets. Going from relics to salty and ending up with a couple of genuine good condition battle warn SD helmets. Sadly olso learned by buying crap. I now came across something new. A camo cover. No pics yet. Am going to take a look at it. But what to look for? It shows signs of us. Spots and a couple of holes. It has the pattern I have seen online and a green drawstring. But how do I know someone did not have his wife make it from some camo cloth? It is not reversable to white (does it suppose to?). Seller wants around 175 euro, is this what it shoud go for?

Long story short... All advice is welcome because I am clueless

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement advice on camo covers please
    P
    Many

Default Re: advice on camo covers please

Photos will tell us the whole story. An original helmet cover goes for much more than that. Approach with caution.

Also, remember that there are many different types of covers in different patterns.

?

These are heavily faked, even from original zeltbahn material, a slowly slowly catchy monkey approach will be needed plus good clear photos, markings etc, stitching, like Mo , the price seems well cheap

From what I have read up on these covers, some fakes are extremely well made and almost impossible to spot. Seller wants 175 Euros?..originals sell for well over $5K (4000+ euros). The seller is either the epitome of ignorant, or taking you for a ride, probably the latter.

?

Photos please...SS covers have no drawstring btw. Your describing a Heer cover and a green drawstring I believe is a bad sign as is the price.

A great pinned topic on camo covers at GHW2 to read and plenty of threads on the boards, with pics

Also take note Willem ;-)

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...photos-254259/
    Last edited by DougB; 01-09-2013 at 05:09 AM.