Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Assistance Required

Article about: I have attached a mobile phone photo that my wife took for me of a helmet that I have a chance to purchase after the holidays. It's on a junk stall and no price was available, but hope that

Default Assistance Required

Assistance Required

I have attached a mobile phone photo that my wife took for me of a helmet that I have a chance to purchase after the holidays. It's on a junk stall and no price was available, but hope that it will be cheap.
    Obviously, I am trying to determine if the decal is original but to be honest helmets are not my forte.
    Would be grateful for any replies.

Cheers
    Bochmann.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance Required
    P
    Many

Default Re: Assistance Required

I am still extremely green when it comes to helmet decals. My gut opinion tells me to be cautious because the amount of wear and tear of the decal doesn't seem to match the condition of the helmet itself.

?

From what I see it looks to be a reproduction NS/SE decal, can you post the entire helmet? It's fairly critical ESP w SS lids. I wouldn't be holding your breath.

Doug,
    Sorry, I cannot do anymore with the helmet as the seller has now closed until early new year.I have spoken to someone else who has looked at the helmet and it's a CKL (size 53) helmet and although the picture shows a green base the helmet is actually much more worn and I only have another rather blurred shot of the outside and one of the inside as that is all my wife took of the helmet.
    Apologies for the lack of info here, but as previously stated my wife saw this and thought it might be good but she is working at the moment, so I am no furher foward.
    On a brighter note I am actually really pleased that she had the foresight to think I might be interested in the first place.
    Will post additional pics as soon as I am able.

?

Hi Bochmann,

Until you can come up with better pics for a better evaluation of the decal i'm not feeling it.

Regards
    Samir

?

No worries, unless new photos provide dramatic new evidence this one is the fake champagne (NS/SE) decal. Def appears to be artificial aging.

Many thanks for the info, I guess I can put this to bed for now.

Bochmann