Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this an authentic German WW2 helmet? Possible Hitler Youth?

Article about: Dear War Relics Community, Hi everyone its BroncoDenver99 again with another helmet I found. This helmet is listed as an M40 but a second opinion had told seller the helmet was a Hitler Yout

Default Is this an authentic German WW2 helmet? Possible Hitler Youth?

Dear War Relics Community,

Hi everyone its BroncoDenver99 again with another helmet I found. This helmet is listed as an M40 but a second opinion had told seller the helmet was a Hitler Youth helmet. I don't know what would make them think this, maybe you guys could help. But I'm not even sure if this helmet is real to begin with. Let me know your thoughts and opinions! Thanks, BroncoDenver99.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an authentic German WW2 helmet? Possible Hitler Youth?   Is this an authentic German WW2 helmet? Possible Hitler Youth?  

Is this an authentic German WW2 helmet? Possible Hitler Youth?   Is this an authentic German WW2 helmet? Possible Hitler Youth?  

Is this an authentic German WW2 helmet? Possible Hitler Youth?   Is this an authentic German WW2 helmet? Possible Hitler Youth?  

Is this an authentic German WW2 helmet? Possible Hitler Youth?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an authentic German WW2 helmet? Possible Hitler Youth?
    P
    Many

Not sure what it is ... certainly not ww2 as there are no liner rivets. The liner is certainly post war maybe bundeswehr. The "Hitler youth" story is just that.... a story to spice it up.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

That's a strange one!...

CS bales as part of the shell, certainly not TR period.

What does TR mean?

Third Reich

What do you guys think it might be then?

I dont know - but not worth what the seller thinks it is.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Could it possibly be post-war/cold-war German police?

Default I think I've figured it out. 1951 Post war Stahlhelm!

I think I have figured out that it is a post war Stahlhelm M35/50. There were two models of postwar stahlhelm M35s for the BGS. The first was of very limited 1951 production and was exactly identical to a WWII M35. It was designated stahlhelm M35/50. These are impossible to differentiate without looking at the serial numbers. Few of these actually made it to the BGS, most went instead to local police departments. Info is from https://wwiiafterwwii.wordpress.com/...esgrenzschutz/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an authentic German WW2 helmet? Possible Hitler Youth?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this an authentic German WW2 helmet? Possible Hitler Youth? 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast