Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bargain ET66 DD ?

Article about: Dear KradSpam, here are the pictures of the VT helmet.

Unhappy Bargain ET66 DD ?

This helmet are for sale on Weitze; 2.800:- EURO. Its supposed to be a double decal ET 66 M35 with lot number 4714.

Is this a good or bad one?

I also wonder if ET helmets always have ET decals and Q always have Q or Pocher decals? Could there be a ET helmet with a Q decal and a Q helmet with a ET or another decal ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bargain ET66 DD ?   Bargain ET66 DD ?  

Bargain ET66 DD ?   Bargain ET66 DD ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bargain ET66 DD ?
    P
    Many

Hi and welcome to the forum ,straight on images of the decals are really needed but for me this is a bad one! Take a close look at the wear on the decals , it is quite heavy in places and yet the surrounding paintwork is very good? That is a big red fag for me , also some of the most important areas of the runes have been in my opinion purposely damaged to hide the "flaws".The party shield also has a nasty orange tint to it, that is not good. On top of that the price is indeed as you say a "bargain" for a double decal M35 so that's another BIG red flag!! Also the lot number is in the range of a lot of HEER helmets but not SS although that is only a guide and not a certainty. Leon.

?

Absolutely nothing wrong with this helmet that I can see from the photos. The $ are in the decals for SS. This has serious flaking, cleaning and decal wear, the liner is nearly gone, no strap.

The reason for the orange is this helmet has been cleaned and exposed to either a cleaning agent or something but notice the bleed as well. Typical and correct for an ET party decal, which also appears correctly constructed.

The reason for the low price is the very poor condition of this helmet IMO.

No problem with the lot number, I've 2 in the 4700 range. You can't read that much into lot numbers and that book of Brian's is way over-used and over-assumed.

Read the SS decal reference section you'll answer some of your questions on decal to shell relationships.

But you won't find a Q decal on anything but a Q, ET on ET except for some EF M42s. EF on EF. Pochers on anything typically pre-1940

?

Hi there,

As Leon said you need close up shots of both decals otherwise you are wasting your time.

With ET M35 helmets, the expected decals are ET pattern n Pochers.

I highly recommend you pick up a copy of "SS Steel" by Kelly Hicks . You'll find it indispensable.

Samir

?

Samir just blow up the photos on the site, they are in hi res when you login. This is a 5 second one looker. It is the 1940 wide ET bordered ET runic decal.
    Last edited by DougB; 01-19-2014 at 09:19 PM.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Samir just blow in the photos on the site, they are in hi res when you login. This is a 5 second one looker.
    Ahh sh*t, I had no idea you can blow up the photos. You are 100% correct Doug. A one looker.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Absolutely nothing wrong with this helmet that I can see from the photos. The $ are in the decals for SS. This has serious flaking, cleaning and decal wear, the liner is nearly gone, no strap.

The reason for the orange is this helmet has been cleaned and exposed to either a cleaning agent or something but notice the bleed as well. Typical and correct for an ET party decal, which also appears correctly constructed.

The reason for the low price is the very poor condition of this helmet IMO.

No problem with the lot number, I've 2 in the 4700 range. You can't read that much into lot numbers and that book of Brian's is way over-used and over-assumed.

Read the SS decal reference section you'll answer some of your questions on decal to shell relationships.

But you won't find a Q decal on anything but a Q, ET on ET except for some EF M42s. EF on EF. Pochers on anything typically pre-1940
    Hi Doug , well I happily stand corrected!! I did not like the wear comparison myself but I bow down to your better judgement as ever. (PS , I never thought of going to the site directly for blow ups Leon.

Thanks for your opinions and informations. I have just read the SS decal reference section and there was a lot of answers for my questions, thanks.

Quote by Holger D View Post
    Thanks for your opinions and informations. I have just read the SS decal reference section and there was a lot of answers for my questions, thanks.
    Hello again , apologises for my first thoughts on this one but they were genuine(not because I was going to sneak it away from you). I do own an ET helmet myself and although I liked the shield shape the small images gave me a bad feeling for the reasons I gave. All that said Doug is the TOP man in this area and he is a real fountain of knowledge and experience. Once he pointed out the reasons for my concerns on this helmet I could see where he is coming from and that it is a good original that's had a "good" scrub down!! All the best in your pursuit of it my friend , I hope you get it for the price you are happy with and enjoy it!! Leon.

The M18 VT helmet they have is interesting. Looks like M31 liner pins in the vent holes? I'm not a member so can't see close ups or uncensored decals. Might have to join, thought the site seems a bit of a pain to navigate.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast