Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Black SS Transitional Helmet

Article about: This is a commercial manufacture helmet owned by Martin Moser, a SS officer from Standarte 52.Moser was SS member #23019 and NSDAP member #612363. He evidently purchased this helmet as an Un

Default Black SS Transitional Helmet

This is a commercial manufacture helmet owned by Martin Moser, a SS
    officer from Standarte 52.Moser was SS member #23019 and NSDAP member #612363. He evidently purchased this helmet as an Untersturmfuhrer with Allgemeine Standarte 52 based in Krems. Moser went on to be an officer in Totenkopf and later part of the cadre of Thule.
    The helmet was obtained from the famous Darryl Pajot collection a number of years ago. It is shown in Kelly Hick's book on SS helmets, "SS Steel."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS Transitional Helmet   Black SS Transitional Helmet  

Black SS Transitional Helmet   Black SS Transitional Helmet  

Black SS Transitional Helmet   Black SS Transitional Helmet  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS Transitional Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Black SS Transitional Helmet

Thanks for the wonderful images. As a footnote, one should note that this helmet must have been bought in the course of 1938, when the Standarte 52 in Krems re emerged from its illegal existence in the Dollfuss and Schuschnigg state, i.e. quasi Fascist Austria as it was in the years 1933-1938, when the Nazi party and especially the SS was outlawed. It would be interesting to know whether Moser hightailed it to Bavaria with many fellow Austrian Nazis, or was thrown in the slammer, or what.

A very impressive and nice helmet. We miss Darryl. Does anyone know what has become of him?

Happy headwear.

Dear FB-
    Darryl occasionally posts at German Helmet Walhalla
    Although this Forum is a place for serious stalhem study, it does have other subforums. They even have one for the "fetid woolens" of black and gray.
    After selling off his marvelous collection, it seems as though the addiction has returned as he recently posted a helmet he had owned and sold many years in the past. He is a wonderful gentleman and a treasure trove of information.
    BOB

Nice helmet Bob , great history behind it , am i right in saying that its in your collection , cheers Raymond

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Dear FB-
    Darryl occasionally posts at German Helmet Walhalla
    Although this Forum is a place for serious stalhem study, it does have other subforums. They even have one for the "fetid woolens" of black and gray.
    After selling off his marvelous collection, it seems as though the addiction has returned as he recently posted a helmet he had owned and sold many years in the past. He is a wonderful gentleman and a treasure trove of information.
    Dear Bob, thank you for the coordinates of our Canadian flyer friend. I must confess that the promiscuity of websites is daunting, in fact. I can barely keep up with one. But thanks all the same and bravo with your wonderful helmet. We need someone to de conflict all of this, even though such a thing is likely impossible. Thanks. FB

Postscriptum: I wonder if the publication of the Beaver/Shea book on SS caps will then have some counter cyclical effect on this field of old head dress?

Quote by ironcross1 View Post
    Nice helmet Bob , great history behind it , am i right in saying that its in your collection , cheers Raymond
    Yes, I got it from Darryl in a trade 6-7 years ago. His collection of black helmets was undoubtedly the finest collection ever assembled.
    BOB

Arrow Re: Black SS Transitional Helmet

Thanks for the tip on the german helmet site.

This is a old threat but a good one.
    Super helmet.
    chris

?

Such a fine example! The pics don't do this one any justice.

This one looks crisp and extremely rare, thanks for bringing it up Chris. A dream helmet, I don't really do civic lids that much but I would probably make an exception here

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast