Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can you help me with this helmet, please?

Article about: Hello, I'm Hravn, a starting collector. After some previous buys, using information on this forum, I am asking for your help if I may. I have set my eyes on a SS m42 helmet. Here is the link

?

Question Can you help me with this helmet, please?

Hello,

I'm Hravn, a starting collector.
    After some previous buys, using information on this forum, I am asking for your help if I may.

I have set my eyes on a SS m42 helmet.

Here is the link: SSBW Militaria

Page 3.

The pictures are not very good and I am not knowledgable enough to verify this piece.

So, I would be pleased if you could provide me with some hindsight about this helmet.

I am not trying to discredit the seller here, or question his integrity regarding items he sells!
    I just want to have a confirmation (or two) please.

Thank you very much.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can you help me with this helmet, please?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Hrvan,

At work and on my cell phone so can't authenticate the decal. But Ive downloaded some of the photos so the other member can opine

Can you help me with this helmet, please?Can you help me with this helmet, please?Can you help me with this helmet, please?Can you help me with this helmet, please?
    Can you help me with this helmet, please?Can you help me with this helmet, please?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hey Hravn you should also post some pics of the helmet here also that way they consensus of what they think right off the bat. I’m not even near good enough to give you my thoughts on a SS helmet just be very careful. I hope this turns out in your favor

The chinstrap is a copy as mentioned in the description.. I don't have a dog in the fight but converted to US dollars this will be around $3685.00..

I am skeptical, but after 47 years of collecting that tends to happen, especially with TR items.. Hope it works out for you but wait for this to be vetted by our helmet and SS gurus..

Smitty

?

First of all, thank you for your opinion so far.

MAP, thank you for adding the pictures. A nice gesture. I was thinking about this but did not add them because they might be the sellers' pictures? I guess he won't mind.

This amount of money is worth it I believe.

Is that a number 5 at the start of the Lot number? If so then it should not have a decal. I have a CKL with Lot number 2053 - I compared the number 5 and it looks similar, although it is hard to tell. It could also be 3.
    Hard to tell on the decal, it resembles ET decal but the photos are not great.
    Nick

The decal does not cut it for me, not quite right for a ET and a lot of deliberate tool marks IMO.

As just stated in a PM. One to stay away from. Don't like the paint, patina, wear, liner, decal is questionable which puts it in "stay away categorie". Just don't like the look, it's unbalanced
    D.

MAP
    ?

Just home...so on a PC now. Will leave the decal to others but I have to agree with David on the rest of the helmet. The parts don't match the sum. It just doesn't add up IMHO.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I don't like it either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast