Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Curious-Odd SS M-42....Need imput.

Article about: I have had this helmet since the 1970s. My wife got it from me from a vet where she worked. I want to sell it and anticipate problems there because of the configuration. I sent it to Kelly H

Default Curious-Odd SS M-42....Need imput.

I have had this helmet since the 1970s. My wife got it from me from a vet where she worked. I want to sell it and anticipate problems there because of the configuration. I sent it to Kelly Hicks for paperwork to make the sale go easier....however, Kelly Hicks returned the helmet and my fee along with a letter of his observations but declined to give it a thumbs up or down. His closing statement was "If the helmet is a reproduction, it is the best one I have seen in my career." I can understand him not wanting to put his name on a helmet of this configuration because of it's rarity and number of fakes. I know where it came from, I just wanted a COA. For a M-42 it has the maker and size stamp on the side flange instead of the rear. Anybody ever seen that? It is an ET with Thale dome stamp which I will include a pic of. Comments????Curious-Odd SS M-42....Need imput.Curious-Odd SS M-42....Need imput.Curious-Odd SS M-42....Need imput.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Curious-Odd SS M-42....Need imput.
    P
    Many

Hi Voss - do you have pictures of the entire helmet? And also the Lot number which should be stamped in the rear?
    To me the decal does look very good but I would wait until other members opine on this.
    What's with the red and white paint around it?

Nick

Kelly said that this was the best repro he had ever seen ? lol.
    Good helmets don't need COA's , this one is not good.

I guess i was wrong on the decal

Still interested in seeing more pictures though.

nick

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Kelly said that this was the best repro he had ever seen ? lol.
    Good helmets don't need COA's , this one is not good.
    Thanks for the sarcasm, Schwerpunkt.. If you bother to read my original post, you might see that you misquoted KH.Congratulations on being the first to not recognize this as an original ET decal.

Quote by Voss1914 View Post
    Thanks for the sarcasm, Schwerpunkt.. If you bother to read my original post, you might see that you misquoted KH.Congratulations on being the first to not recognize this as an original ET decal.
    I think sarcasm aside Schwerpunkt does have many years experience in studying helmets so it is worth considering his opinions.

It may be worth posting some more pictures of the helmet in its entirety and also the Lot number, pins, liner etc...

thanks
    Nick

Firstly I have nothing to gain by commenting on this post but Frank is one of the few people I trust implicitly ..... He really "does" know his helmet decals, after years and years he has never got one wrong. I agree with his statement fully that good helmets do not need COA's, they are really worth nothing. Quote:

Congratulations on being the first to not recognize this as an original ET decal.

Well allow me to be number 2 - and I don't doubt your story - but that's all it is - a story - I have had dealings with "vets" and their families in the past - they tend to forget little details like where it came from......................... and it's far easier to say something that people want to hear

It would be great to see the helmet in it's entirety -

Thanks for the congrats , always nice to be first in something.
    I think this topic can use some sarcasm as you are the one trying to get a forum COA by showing 3 partial photos of a red cross SS helmet...
    Fake paint , fake decal , fake dome stamp , ... and it's by far not the best fake I have seen.

Okay. Once again, read before replying. Where in my post did I ask for a COA from the forum? So, you have never misidentified a decal. Impressive. Fake paint? I don't even want to know how you came to that conclusion by that photo. People who are always right...probably aren't.

Gents keep it civil and topic focused Please

Disputes are allowable as long as it reaches a point of truth in the helmet. I also would encourage more photos as Nick has requested ..not to prove anyone wrong.... but to prove what the helmet may or may not be.

COAs ..we all know what they are.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast