Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

D-day camo SS helmet

Article about: by LAS VEGAS Someone mentioned with liner it would be a 6 to 7 thousand dollar helmet.in brit money approx 4,500£s.that sounds like an excessive amount ,but maybe others know better.as it si

Default Re: D-day camo SS helmet

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    Someone mentioned with liner it would be a 6 to 7 thousand dollar helmet.in brit money approx 4,500£s.that sounds like an excessive amount ,but maybe others know better.as it sits with undisputed provinence i would estimate it at 750£s!!!
    I certainly think your closer to the mark here! Maybe £700-£1000 which is $1200-$1500?

Ronnie has a cracking Normandy camo & i am sure this is the sort of price he mentioned them going for in this condition if genuine

Granted, his isnt SS!
    Last edited by bikerboyzx6r; 05-11-2010 at 06:11 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement D-day camo SS helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    I certainly think your closer to the mark here! Maybe £700-£1000 which is $1200-$1500?

Ronnie has a cracking Normandy camo & i am sure this is the sort of price he mentioned them going for in this condition if genuine
    ( if genuine) It is 100% original .I am not looking to sell it .I am a collector not a seller.But a value of 1500$ I do not think so .

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    ( if genuine) It is 100% original .I am not looking to sell it .I am a collector not a seller.But a value of 1500$ I do not think so .
    Hello mate, not doubting its originality. I was talking in general. I am under the impression that you would only get more the say $1500 if it was complete with its original liner. I may be wrong. Lets see what others think mate

I think the value would sit around 2500$-3500$ max. I leave a lot of room there I know but because it's not complete it's more difficult to put a value on it.

Installing a liner would be stupid as collectors who pay that kind of money don't like to have fiddled with helmets anyway.

But nice correct ET SS.

Thank guys for helping with this helmet.Good stuff.

very nice

?

Unfortunately about 70% of the ostfront found helmets was destroyed by the hands of the previous owner.... A lot of helmets I've had a chance to buy, has been destroyed with sand paper or at least there was attempt to liberate decals to increse the value... Surely that was a nice white camo helmets, with a removed white paint untill a " factory look".
    Yours is nice and untouched example! I swear in this case I love the lasy owners
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

dont wish to be cheeky!!! but could you guy's please direct me to the shop/people who are selling genuine ss helmets for 750/1000 pounds???? i will gladly buy a couple of them!!!!!!!!!!, there is a certain web site which is endorsed by this site selling them for more than double those figure's,, mart

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Unfortunately about 70% of the ostfront found helmets was destroyed by the hands of the previous owner.... A lot of helmets I've had a chance to buy, has been destroyed with sand paper or at least there was attempt to liberate decals to increse the value... Surely that was a nice white camo helmets, with a removed white paint untill a " factory look".
    Yours is nice and untouched example! I swear in this case I love the lasy owners
    Thank you,it is also nice to know where it was use.

?

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    Someone mentioned with liner it would be a 6 to 7 thousand dollar helmet.in brit money approx 4,500£s.that sounds like an excessive amount ,but maybe others know better.as it sits with undisputed provinence i would estimate it at 750£s!!!
    Your nuts Las Vegas to be putting it mildly. Authentic SS camos go for far far beyond 4500 Brit pounds. If this had an original liner it would fetch easily $15000 USD as SS Camo's are among the rarest and most desired helmets out there. Of course would love to see better photos but it pushes the right buttons.

In this condition, sans liner, I would say if 100% original paint and decal (again needs better photos but like Jim I like what I see so far) with no liner I would value this helmet in the $7500-9000 USD range. A similar helmet in a classic Normandy pattern sold for in excess of this at SOS last year. It now has been restored with a liner (no it is not my helmet) and would probably sell for over $12 to about $15 in the restored condition today as the helmet is a stunning helmet.

So this gives you some idea as to what it is worth.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast