Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

D-day camo SS helmet

Article about: by LAS VEGAS Someone mentioned with liner it would be a 6 to 7 thousand dollar helmet.in brit money approx 4,500£s.that sounds like an excessive amount ,but maybe others know better.as it si

Default Re: D-day camo SS helmet

Doug. I was waiting for you to post as I did think that the previous estimates were, ahem, conservative to say the least.

Beautiful helmet - you're very lucky

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement D-day camo SS helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    Your nuts Las Vegas to be putting it mildly. Authentic SS camos go for far far beyond 4500 Brit pounds. If this had an original liner it would fetch easily $15000 USD as SS Camo's are among the rarest and most desired helmets out there. Of course would love to see better photos but it pushes the right buttons.

In this condition, sans liner, I would say if 100% original paint and decal (again needs better photos but like Jim I like what I see so far) with no liner I would value this helmet in the $7500-9000 USD range. A similar helmet in a classic Normandy pattern sold for in excess of this at SOS last year. It now has been restored with a liner (no it is not my helmet) and would probably sell for over $12 to about $15 in the restored condition today as the helmet is a stunning helmet.

So this gives you some idea as to what it is worth.
    Thank you DougB for this info and years of great study.I did not know camo SS helmet were that high
    .I knew DD SS helmet were in that price but not camo probably because you do not see them very often.

Quote by queenlatifa View Post
    Doug. I was waiting for you to post as I did think that the previous estimates were, ahem, conservative to say the least.

Beautiful helmet - you're very lucky
    I do feel very lucky today.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I do feel very lucky today.
    Doug knows an SS helmet when he sees one

?

Well before we break out the champagne and caviar guys (LOL) better photos are required and a helmet is worth whatever a motivated buyer is willing to pay.
    Case in point, I was authenticating an M35 double decal SS grey painted reissue helmet for a fellow collector using photos he provided, and it was in mid condition with dug out party decals and mid condition Pocher over 2 Ss reissues. I valued the helmet at 4-5000 US. Well the helmet sold that day for $9! I just about fell off my chair.

Considering that a well known but expensive dealer site and SS Steel are now selling M42 SS combat conditioned helmets for in excess of $8000 a camo single decal M40 that is a one looker even sans liner will fetch at least that amount in my books.

I would love to see this one in hand as the photos are quite dark and I suspect the camo is much nicer that it appears. ALways nice to see something exciting in a find like this! It makes the hobby sparkle!

PS a very nice DD SS M35 in an 8.5 out of 10 condition (10 being mint) went for $25000 USD recently. Demand far outwieghs supply on these.

So i sold my one too cheap Doug

Quote by DougB View Post
    Well before we break out the champagne and caviar guys (LOL) better photos are required and a helmet is worth whatever a motivated buyer is willing to pay.
    Case in point, I was authenticating an M35 double decal SS grey painted reissue helmet for a fellow collector using photos he provided, and it was in mid condition with dug out party decals and mid condition Pocher over 2 Ss reissues. I valued the helmet at 4-5000 US. Well the helmet sold that day for $9! I just about fell off my chair.

Considering that a well known but expensive dealer site and SS Steel are now selling M42 SS combat conditioned helmets for in excess of $8000 a camo single decal M40 that is a one looker even sans liner will fetch at least that amount in my books.

I would love to see this one in hand as the photos are quite dark and I suspect the camo is much nicer that it appears. ALways nice to see something exciting in a find like this! It makes the hobby sparkle!

PS a very nice DD SS M35 in an 8.5 out of 10 condition (10 being mint) went for $25000 USD recently. Demand far outwieghs supply on these.
    If you would like ,I can post more pictures.
    I got my collection insured and put a value of 5000$ on the helmet it sound like I was wrong.

Quote by queenlatifa View Post
    Doug knows an SS helmet when he sees one
    Yes he does ,saw some of his SS helmets, what a collection.

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    If you would like ,I can post more pictures.
    I got my collection insured and put a value of 5000$ on the helmet it sound like I was wrong.
    No that would be fine. Not sure what sort of riders your insurance company has for collectibles and that sort of thing.

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    So i sold my one too cheap Doug
    I dont know what it sold for, I cant remember but it seemed pretty "reasonable" at the time LOL.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast