Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

DD Allgemeine SS Helmet - Droopbill Style Shell

Article about: I haven't posted one in a while, so I decided to put this one out there today. This is my newest acquisition, from Dave S.. It is a commercial droopbill style shell with no maker/size stamps

Default Re: DD Allgemeine SS Helmet - Droopbill Style Shell

Everyone needs a centerpiece for there collection. For an helmet collector, this is a great one. I love the condition of the helmet and how it is named to an ss Mann. Well done sir.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 03-17-2013 at 03:43 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

I'm like you Jim, I beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. Just rolled in with 2 new ones today...I had to scurry to the warroom and get them on the Wall before she noticed but she caught me on the stairs....busted!

As for the helmet it's a textbook example in great condition. My first Blackie was a near identical helmet with the M27 liner which was suffering from dry rot. These black droop SS are killer and look quite evil.

My compliments on a great pickup Jim, although I prefer the term black parade helmet to Allgemeine ;-)
    Last edited by DougB; 03-17-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Thanks guys, I pulled the trigger on this one without consulting with the wife beforehand. Your comments will, hopefully, help with the reconciliation and get me off of the living room couch... Just kidding, I did jump on this one without permission, but she was incredibly understanding when my guilty conscience compelled me to blurt out the truth within minutes of placing the order. I guess she has resigned herself to the fact that this is an incurable and irresistible compulsion. Thanks again, I am glad you all like it. Cheers, Jim G.
    I think you got a great helmet but you got a even better wife.
    She must be a wonderful person.
    chris.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I think you got a great helmet but you got a even better wife.
    She must be a wonderful person.
    chris.
    Indeed, she is the BEST!

?

Jim, you should try and research the name. Would be interesting to know if he was in the Allgemeine, SSVT or the SSTV.

Congrats Jim, what a beauty. I wondered who got that one when I noticed it was on hold a while ago. I'm glad it came to the forums

Hi Samir and Chris, Unfortunately, the soldier only inscribed his initials in the liner, "K.J.A.", so I think it would be impossible to identify him. Andy, thanks, I was lucky on this one. Doug, thanks for the encouragement when I was considering the buy, and thanks again to all for the kind remarks. Jim G.

Quote by DougB View Post
    I'm like you Jim, I beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. Just rolled in with 2 new ones today...I had to scurry to the warroom and get them on the Wall before she noticed but she caught me on the stairs....busted!
    You mean that after all these years, YOU, of all people, have not perfected the art of sneaking helmets into the collection without the misses finding out? And SHE, after all these years, still gets worked up about each new helmet?? Than I guess there really is no hope for the rest of us.
    Last edited by MD Helmets; 03-17-2013 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Grammatical errors

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Hi Samir and Chris, Unfortunately, the soldier only inscribed his initials in the liner, "K.J.A.", so I think it would be impossible to identify him. Andy, thanks, I was lucky on this one. Doug, thanks for the encouragement when I was considering the buy, and thanks again to all for the kind remarks. Jim G.
    Anytime Jim and very glad you nabbed this one. As I said I think the price was VERY good for a Blackie with such a high percentage of decal. I agree, this would be near impossible and very expensive to try to research, and with initials it would never be 100% accurate anyway.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    You mean that after all these years, YOU, of all people, have not perfected the art of sneaking helmets into the collection without the misses finding out? And SHE, after all these years, still gets worked up about each new helmet?? Than I guess there really is no hope for the rest of us.
    I told her I was coming home with helmets today actually. I get the "you spend, I save" schtick. But like Jim, I also have the best wife on the planet and she gives me the latitude to pursue these steel pots.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast