Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

DD Allgemeine SS Helmet - Droopbill Style Shell

Article about: I haven't posted one in a while, so I decided to put this one out there today. This is my newest acquisition, from Dave S.. It is a commercial droopbill style shell with no maker/size stamps

Default DD Allgemeine SS Helmet - Droopbill Style Shell

I haven't posted one in a while, so I decided to put this one out there today. This is my newest acquisition, from Dave S.. It is a commercial droopbill style shell with no maker/size stamps, but the early single aluminum banded replacement M31 liner is a size 57, so the shell is about a size 64. I like the early style roller buckle chin strap assembly. The shell has had a few repaints, and several layers of decals are clearly visible under the paint. There is paint on the liner band and chinstrap bales, which is what you expect ( and most certainly want) to see on these template repainted helmets. The Pocher runic decal is pretty much all there, as is the Party Shield. The trooper inscribed his initials and rank (SS Mann) on the inside of the liner, and scratched at least the first letter of his first name (K) on the inner skirt of the shell as well. A few dings and a dent or 2, but it is a tremendous upgrade from my other Droopbill "Blackie", which has some rust and was denazified by the vet, who scratched the Hakenkreuz out of the Party Shield. Anyway, here it is, hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD Allgemeine SS Helmet - Droopbill Style Shell   DD Allgemeine SS Helmet - Droopbill Style Shell  

DD Allgemeine SS Helmet - Droopbill Style Shell   DD Allgemeine SS Helmet - Droopbill Style Shell  

DD Allgemeine SS Helmet - Droopbill Style Shell   DD Allgemeine SS Helmet - Droopbill Style Shell  

DD Allgemeine SS Helmet - Droopbill Style Shell  
    Last edited by helmet2id; 03-17-2013 at 02:44 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD Allgemeine SS Helmet - Droopbill Style Shell
    P
    Many

Default Re: DD Allgemeine SS Helmet - Droopbill Style Shell

This is an outstanding example of one of the rarest German helmets! Congratulations Jim!

regard's
    Corey

?

That is an outstanding black SS double decal helmet! The Pochers, shell, paint are correct, and in great shape. I love it!

Samir

?

If I am not mistaken, the shell maker is DRP.

Quote by SSamir View Post
    If I am not mistaken, the shell maker is DRP.
    It should be,but not all of them are stamps.
    chris

Jim that is a great helmet.
    I am glad you got it.
    I did not know there was a name on the liner,maybe you can do some research on him?
    chris

Very nice Jim congrats

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Wonderful helmet.

Thanks guys, I pulled the trigger on this one without consulting with the wife beforehand. Your comments will, hopefully, help with the reconciliation and get me off of the living room couch... Just kidding, I did jump on this one without permission, but she was incredibly understanding when my guilty conscience compelled me to blurt out the truth within minutes of placing the order. I guess she has resigned herself to the fact that this is an incurable and irresistible compulsion. Thanks again, I am glad you all like it. Cheers, Jim G.

I wish you all the best on the reconciliation. Im sure a new car for the wife would smooth over any hostility towards you and the price tag
    God knows if I had bought that helmet I wouldn't have a place to live let alone a couch to sleep on. My wife freaks over a $400 helmet, lol. But, as you said, sometimes you just have to pull that trigger on a whim to secure a gem.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast