Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

DD SS Ground Dug

Article about: by Kiwipete I would be guessing that if they went throught the process of putting fake decals on it they would have done to the local barber for sum hair and then sum blood from a farm mix i

Default Re: DD SS Ground Dug

Here are some better pics....I think ! merry xmas to all peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD SS Ground Dug   DD SS Ground Dug  

DD SS Ground Dug   DD SS Ground Dug  

DD SS Ground Dug   DD SS Ground Dug  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD SS Ground Dug
    P
    Many

The helmet just has that look for me, untampered with.
    And there are two jokers in every pack, so with Samir's "coming clean" do we still have
    another? "young" Ned .....are you there, chum?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

The better pics show that these decals were applied over 2 other decals which also appear to be SS and party decals. I'd love to see it in hand but the cost to send it from NZ to Canada is worth it? It might be better for you to buy a digital USB microscope and send me the pics at 20 and 200 times. A USB scope costs $70-150 depending on the model. I use Optex. PM me if you do want to mail it still. Cheers
    Doug

Seriously though, has the issue of how this was likely recovered now just been set aside? Seems rather callous don't you think?

I might be shot for saying this but i feel it's fine keeping something like this aslong as it is treated with respect! Yes it's wrong that it was dug up in the first place but now it's here and what can be done with it? If you send it back it might end up with someone who doesn't care about the original owner and doesn't respect it. In my eyes either bury it or keep it and treat it with care and respect.

?

Quote by meyerse View Post
    Seriously though, has the issue of how this was likely recovered now just been set aside? Seems rather callous don't you think?
    Quite a discussion has already taken place about this and opinions have been given so no it hasn't been set aside , plus this discussion has occured many times before in the Battlefield Archaeology section as well as others ! This is your second post of this nature so if you have an opinion to give let's hear it !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

USB microscope pics sounds like a good idea.

?

ive read this thread with deep interest,it is a very sad state of affairs to sell relics of the fallen from grave robbing, this is not an item i would feel comfortable with in my house real or not, i do beleive there is a cut off point to collecting, and also a sense of karma involved too. these items are it, hope ive not offended anyone, most respectfully george

?

Hello all, as the original seller of this helmet I am very happy I found this thread. I sold this helmet here on warrelics and I would take it back in a heartbeat for what I sold it for. I have travelled several times to Russia and this helmet was ground dug in 2006. It came from a trash pile near a building that was a field hospital in a village near Demjansk. There were no bones or human remains with it when it came out of the ground. That does not mean a soldier did not die wearing it. With the frequency that the Germans recycled helmets from the dead or disabled how many helmets do you all own that probably held a dead or dying solder at one time before you got it? The decals are original, there is no doubt in my mind. This helmet came from the ground as you see it. I am happy to answer any questions about any item I might sell here. I never intended to misrepresent this helmet, I did show pictures of the inside with the ad posting. I did not hear anything from the buyer until I saw this thread.

?

That's the problem with SS relics. There are a million fakes and it is typically very difficult to prove they are real or fake without some form of true provenance that's not a story. The decals are a mess on relics and the fakers can easily hide reference points by severely damaging and aging them. Any one buying an SS relic without provenance it's simply buyer beware.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast