Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Do these camo ss helmets look authentic?

Article about: Do these SS helmets look authentic to you guys? I have my doubts but I wanted to see what the forum members thought. If not, what gives them away?

Default Do these camo ss helmets look authentic?

Do these SS helmets look authentic to you guys? I have my doubts but I wanted to see what the forum members thought.
    If not, what gives them away?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do these camo ss helmets look authentic?   Do these camo ss helmets look authentic?  

Do these camo ss helmets look authentic?   Do these camo ss helmets look authentic?  

Do these camo ss helmets look authentic?   Do these camo ss helmets look authentic?  

Do these camo ss helmets look authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do these camo ss helmets look authentic?
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Do these camo ss helmets look authentic?

Neither SS decal appears to be an original nor the camo paint. The top left appears to be a fake Pocher on an M40, red flag right there, and the bottom left appears to be a graphically incorrect Q and its hard to tell but it doesnt appear to be on a Q shell, the only shell you will ever find a Q decal on. Both liners at best appear replaced, at worst are aged fakes.

The final nail in the coffin is these are offered by Gunbrokers, which translates to "Fake Crap".

I would steer clear of both of these.
    Doug

I thought so.
    I also thought it would be a good learning experience for me and other less experienced members for the more experienced members to tell why they are not authentic.
    The prices are way too low so that also caught my suspicions.

Low pricing can be a good guage.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Yes, that site is well known for being a reproduction market place. You did the right thing in checking first Anton. As shown above, there are plenty of helpful sorts on the forum. Well done to Doug and Steve.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. It may be my eyes but isn't the decal slightly wonky on the last shot...?

?

They would pass for re-enactment but thats about all

Quote by anton67 View Post
    I also thought it would be a good learning experience for me and other less experienced members for the more experienced members to tell why they are not authentic.
    The prices are way too low so that also caught my suspicions.
    Get the makers of each of those helmets and then check each decal with the corresponding maker in Kelly Hick's SS steel book. (or with originals of that maker posted on the forums)
    It's all in the graphics. Of course the fake liner , bad camo job and low price are all red flags in itself so that you don't really need to go deeper into the decal subject.