Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double decal SS M35

Article about: Hi guys heres my first helmet of 2010, this started out as apple green ss,then reissued as d/d ss blackie then reissued again as a d/d ss in green , this lid has seen plenty of use and wasnt

?

Default Double decal SS M35

Hi guys heres my first helmet of 2010, this started out as apple green ss,then reissued as d/d ss blackie then reissued again as a d/d ss in green , this lid has seen plenty of use and wasnt no storeroom war dodger,, it is an et64 with the early ET font like ww1 lids, it also has a stamp in leather only found in these really early ss et lids, this lot number of 2804 is apparently the earliest m35 d/d known in any collection,i thank Doug for all this info its named W.GROSSE 12/SS.2 on the liner and lid, its no winner of any beauty contests but did what it was made for ,combat, if anybody has any info on that name or rgt i would appreciate it, cheers Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double decal SS M35   Double decal SS M35  

Double decal SS M35   Double decal SS M35  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double decal SS M35
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Double decal SS M35

its had 3 sets of decals ,post war it was painted black which has now been removed but still has a bit let on decals ,does anybody know whats safe to use to remove this black paint without damaging decal ? rgds Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double decal SS M35  

Nice to see this lid again Dave. I was well impressed when I saw it earlier in the week on GHW. Such a good history behind it. I want one!

Damm, that's a very nice lid Dave.................And the decal stuck back on ok

?

yes John ssuper glue only kidding guys incase anybody really thinks it fell of i told John it had and he took it hook line and sinker anyway John thanks again mate for letting this one go even tho you had my pants down,,,,, cheers Dave

?

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    its had 3 sets of decals ,post war it was painted black which has now been removed but still has a bit let on decals ,does anybody know whats safe to use to remove this black paint without damaging decal ? rgds Dave

Acetone will remove the remaining black left (used carefully) do not touch the decals any solvent will destroy them in seconds!!

Those are two great helmets you have there Dave ! !

I was going to say:

Damn !

John was going to let ME have that one, but he said the paint wasn't dry yet.......!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Those are two great helmets you have there Dave ! !

I was going to say:

Damn !

John was going to let ME have that one, but he said the paint wasn't dry yet.......!
    Steve, I wish that was true

And Dave, your pants, i never had down You have got a very special helmet there mate.

Oh, and that LAH M35 DD I told you about, named and with the dog tag.................... I'm doing the deal on it now. BUT that one will NEVER be for sale, at ANY price

?

never say never John and no only kidding on pants down i am very happy with the price to get my pants down you would need a chisel ,,,,cheers Dave

?

Thanks to Mike c from westmoreland research i now have the name and files of W.GROSSE he was a member of GERMANIA 12 company of the 2nd SS heres a few pics of Walter Grosse and a few of his files cheers Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double decal SS M35   Double decal SS M35  

Double decal SS M35  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast