MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double SS Helmet

Article about: I hear the experts may be here to tell if this is real, and what it may be worth. I traded for it today and from the research I've done feel it may be rare. Thank you in advance for your hel

Default Double SS Helmet

I hear the experts may be here to tell if this is real, and what it may be worth. I traded for it today and from the research I've done feel it may be rare. Thank you in advance for your help and knowledge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double SS Helmet   Double SS Helmet  

Double SS Helmet   Double SS Helmet  

Double SS Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double SS Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Welcome to the Forum! The Helmet Guys will be able to likely give you wisdom on authenticity but we don't assess value here on the WRF. Be well and I am sure someone will be along soon.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Welcome to the forum Joe.
    The decals look really good to me, but please wait for the helmet experts to pass judgement.
    Looks like a Pocher on the wearers left at least.
    It has a very good chance!
    Nick

Hi, welcome to the forum, if you can post some good straight on images of the decals in natural daylight that will be a great help. Also, can you read the maker and size stamp on the inner skirt? From first appearences they do both look like good Pochers, but I would want the better images as mentioned above to be sure. It is not a re-decaled Polizei helmet by the looks of it, quite possibly an originally double decalled SS although I am scratching my head as to what the "golden" colour is beneath the top edge of the right side decal? Leon.

I agree decals look so far good , lot number and maker stamp would be helpful and better decal close-ups.

This definitely appears to be a good Quist M40 DOUBLE RUNIC SS helmet, with a factory applied Quist runic shield on the right and the expected Pocher runic shield on the left, which would have been field applied. Straight on shots of the decals should be posted for definite authentication, but I like what I see, a lot! Also, please post shots of the maker/size stamps and the lot number. Nice first post - welcome aboard. Jim G.

Default Daylight pictures, not sunny out

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, welcome to the forum, if you can post some good straight on images of the decals in natural daylight that will be a great help. Also, can you read the maker and size stamp on the inner skirt? From first appearences they do both look like good Pochers, but I would want the better images as mentioned above to be sure. It is not a re-decaled Polizei helmet by the looks of it, quite possibly an originally double decalled SS although I am scratching my head as to what the "golden" colour is beneath the top edge of the right side decal? Leon.
    Here are some day light pictures. Looking for marks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double SS Helmet   Double SS Helmet  

Double SS Helmet   Double SS Helmet  

Hi Joe, perfect!!! You have scored a cracking helmet there. As Jim noticed the left side decal is a Quist, runes finish just below the break and the points are slightly different. The right hand side is a good Pocher. Beautiful and scarce helmet, well done. ( I rotated the images for you.) Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images Double SS Helmet  Double SS Helmet 

this is the only number. Looks like "6" and that's it

Quote by JoeButcher View Post
    this is the only number. Looks like "6" and that's it
    Hi, I think I see another "6" in front of the clear one, looks like a Quist 66 helmet. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast