Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doubtful camo

Article about: Hello all, I bought this m42 helmet at a local market for £35, I could see the shell was original (ckl66?) but had been over painted with a thick brush applied layer of black. I was curious

Default Doubtful camo

Hello all,

I bought this m42 helmet at a local market for £35, I could see the shell was original (ckl66?) but had been over painted with a thick brush applied layer of black.
    I was curious what was under the black paint because I could see what I thought was camouflage paint poking through ar several points.

I took the helmet to the Stoneleigh Militaria fair and it was 50/50 on whether it was original, BUT the go to guy said it was a no, he thought the camo was a re-enactment job.

Any and all comments, opinions are welcome, good or bad, so do you guys think?

P.s either way I’m quite happy because I think it’s quite a sweet looking piece ha ha ha.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Doubtful camo   Doubtful camo  

Doubtful camo   Doubtful camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Doubtful camo
    P
    Many

The photo with the ‘name’ and ‘unit’ appears to be hand painted on top of he original grey green paint.

The amateur name and division marking is surely re-enactor applied - so a red flag. NH

The runes are no good, and the paint is post War. I will leave comments on the name and unit marking to others. The shell is real and the price you paid was reasonable. A good one for reenacting or for a "shelf filler". Jim G.

Hi, the "go to guy" was right, but to be honest the whole fair should have been able to call out this one. Bad runes , fake camo and terrible fake naming added to it, but as Jim says, for the money you did well, £35 is good in anyone's book. Leon.

The runes are obviously fake - if the camo is over the top of the runes, it must therefore also be fake.
    But at that price, it is not a big issue.
    nick

I would have snapped up this shell for 35 to be sure. NH

For 35 Pounds a great deal, a complete Helmet shell alone sells for arround 100 Euros in Germany.

?

"Nordlanlan" ...
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

The camo scheme wasn’t over the runes, if you look at the close up photo of the runes, it appears the area around them has been ‘cleaned’. That’s why I was wondering if someone tried to ‘dig out’ a decal, didn’t find one ‘added’ those runes then painted the whole thing black (apart from the runes) but it’s been established it’s a mock up and for the price I paid I’m happy,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Doubtful camo  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast