Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Early / Transitional SS m18? Opinions

Article about: I was recently approached by a local elder man about purchasing a "German Helmet" that heard about me at the local antique store... After seeing it I was confused and doubtful. I k

Default Early / Transitional SS m18? Opinions

I was recently approached by a local elder man about purchasing a "German Helmet" that heard about me at the local antique store... After seeing it I was confused and doubtful. I know a few similar examples exist, but to me the Tri Color shield looks FAKE. I do not know if they had different ones early on but the wear and placement of it also looks suspicious. If it turns out to be real I would be interested, but I have doubts as I am sure everyone else will...
    -Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early / Transitional SS m18? Opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early / Transitional SS m18? Opinions

It might be good, but I think it would be fire/police service rather than SS. The crazing on the shield is convincing, and the slash through it reveals a layered construction which I like. The link to the bigger swas pic didn't work but I'd like to look at that too. I've not studied these types of decals very much at all so it'll be fun to see what happens here.

Thanks for the comment the bigger pic of the saws did not upload right it brings up a ? image in the uploader? I can view it on my cpu so i reformated it smaller and it worked.
    Do you have or know any examples of a similar tri color shield? or a similar helmet?
    Thanks
    -Ben

- - Updated - -

The swas decal looks almost identical in appearance to the tri color in wear and depth

?

I think this is an early DD police helmet, there is one pictured in the Goodapple book with the exact same decal configuration on an m17

Here is a better close up

How much are they asking?

Quote by davejb View Post
    I think this is an early double decal police helmet, there is one pictured in the Goodapple book with the exact same decal configuration on an m17
    IF so mods please relabel and move the thread, Also does anyone know more information about this particular type if it is authentic. Are they common and what would a good price be for me to offer him?

Thanks again all this is why I use this forum I would have automatically assumed it to be fake.

@ Kradspam
    He did not give me a price he does not know much about it and I usually "appraise" items at this particular store for some people (which in turn I get a discount) so he wanted me to offer a price. Does anyone know a reasonable offer for this type?

I just got the second Goodapple book! Would this be a M-17 helmet similar to the Police M17 in the second goodapple book on page 78 it looks almost identical. Another website I was looking at said this style was only made between 1934-35 is that true as well?
    Thanks again guys

?

Yes thats the page, looks very similar eh!!

?

This is a good one to me hard to find helmet

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast