Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?

Article about: From my modeling interests, Ive always been aware of the deaths head Lef Side helmet decal for Totenkopfverbande. I have never seen a photo showing this decal nor any discussion of it. Dr Ch

?

Default Re: The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?

Camera is out getting fixed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?

Quote by kylesbullets View Post
    Still no pictures? Getting sad
    Doug is a very busy man plus we have a thread with 14 pages about this lid , no rush ,,,,,,, !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

it's been 8 years, something must be really broken with that camera for the repair guys to still be fixing it haha

(all in good fun though, no worries)

This has become a totally USELESS thread for reference purposes.

This is because dougB left under acrimonious circumstances and removed ALL his images from all his posts, and now this and other threads have become a waste of forum space and just confuses the heck out of any newcomer....

I really don't understand how or why the forum leaders have left it hanging like this ....... maybe their hands are tied?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Still interesting that these kinda Decal really existed, any picture of an original example would be really nice!

Actually, i found this:

The description of the site it is on states its rater a Danzig police helmet, than an SS Totenkopf helmet, no idea what exactly is true.

The Helmet with the Grinning Skull. A Short History of the Danzig Police Helmet

Quote by Danmark View Post
    This has become a totally USELESS thread for reference purposes.

This is because dougB left under acrimonious circumstances and removed ALL his images from all his posts, and now this and other threads have become a waste of forum space and just confuses the heck out of any newcomer....

I really don't understand how or why the forum leaders have left it hanging like this ....... maybe their hands are tied?
    There are plenty of threads like this, im not sure if you remember the BenVK leave when he blew up all his headgear threads.....

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    There are plenty of threads like this, im not sure if you remember the BenVK leave when he blew up all his headgear threads.....
    Yes I do - but he was banned - Doug Buhler is still a "life Member" ........???

I fully understand people leaving - and it is their "bat & ball" but its just poor form to remove images .....really, that hurts everyone!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post

I fully understand people leaving - and it is their "bat & ball" but its just poor form to remove images .....really, that hurts everyone!
    Yes, and it is something we try to prevent.
    But it is not always possible, people leave under many different circumstances.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by Adravor View Post
    Still interesting that these kinda Decal really existed, any picture of an original example would be really nice!
    The decal did exist, and is as said a decal for the Danzig Police.The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?

?

Hello .... I think I can help you ..... there is a video of the 26th SS standard on YouTube where you can see SS men with helmets with the skull on the left side .... I also have still pictures of a wedding where SS men with helmets can be seen

Regards Dirk
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?   The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?  

The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?   The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?  

The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?   The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?  

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast