Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ET decal measurement

Article about: HEllo, was wondering if any size variations exist for the ET type SS decal. For eg one that is 38mm height and 32 wide? Annoyed from this ads?   Thanks

Default ET decal measurement

HEllo, was wondering if any size variations exist for the ET type SS decal. For eg one that is 38mm height and 32 wide?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ET decal measurement
    P
    Many

?

Quote by WW2headgearlover View Post
    HEllo, was wondering if any size variations exist for the ET type SS decal. For eg one that is 38mm height and 32 wide?

Thanks
    Nothing noticeable but then I don't put measuring callipers anywhere near the decals. Nothing like scratching off a $2000 chunk of decal....

The pre-40 ET decal tends to have a gold tone when aging depending of course on ambient conditions and a thicker border.

thanks

?

Once you know your decals you won't need to measure. Participate in forums and pick up a copy of SS Steel by Kelly Hicks and you will be off to a good start. Good luck.

Regards
    Samir

I might have to do that. So by now all the info in his book is confirmed? I know of recently discovered info from other top authors that got it wrong. And I know it's only human to not be 100% right so I'm not knocking anyone.

Thks

?

I might have to do that. So by now all the info in his book is confirmed? I know of recently discovered info from other top authors that got it wrong. And I know it's only human to not be 100% right so I'm not knocking anyone.

Thks
    I have a few books on SS helmets and IMO SS Steel is the best, it's what works for me. All the info you need on SS decals are in the book. When you get your copy, take your time and read it, then read it again. Then have it in your library when you need it. I've read it many times, and mine sits next to my PC, it's there when I need it.

?

Thks
    Not many people can have a conversation about SS decals like Kelly can. That said there is an oopsie in there due to some new information but that decal (which I discovered as bad after some painstaking research) is easily identifiable and not seen often.

His book is by far the best book on the subject matter but you want the 2nd version (ignore the XRF stuff. that didn't work out all too well) it has more information and more helmets.

That said the decal article I put together is pretty good for a collector forum if you wanted to save your money and I dont mind answering questions anytime.

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Once you know your decals you won't need to measure. Participate in forums and pick up a copy of SS Steel by Kelly Hicks and you will be off to a good start. Good luck.

Regards
    Samir
    I dont bother measuring anything. Fakers quite easily copy measurements so they dont tell you anything whatsoever with originality and if measurements are wrong you can tell by eye.

Doug yes I did read your decal article. The SS Steel book out now is the Parade & Combat, is that the one to get? So then Mr. Hicks book doesn't cover the new USB 200 -400 times scope evidence that you have made a science of?

Thks

?

No it doesn't.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast