Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals

Article about: by MikeEM Doug, Thank you for the comments. As I mentioned, we are adamant not to sell fakes and to respect the collecting community. I will personally review the items you have mentioned. I

?

Quote by CampX View Post
    I know these fellows well as we set up at the same Military shows in the Toronto area, I will not deal with them, and I will leave that at that!At a show earlier this year I had a Luft Barracks radio in nice shape. They told a collector I know that they wanted it but were to busy to come to my table to buy it themselves, so he came over for it, that company was not mentioned, later at the end of the show I saw one of that company taking the radio out, he gave me a big smile as he walked byDean OAjax Canada
    DeanThat doesn't surprise me at all.They have sold a lot of spurious SS items judging from their listings I have seen over the years. I have bought several Canadian medal duo's and trio's from them which seems to me to be where their expertise lies. That stopped when I called them once about a Canadian grouping and was pretty dismayed at the level of disdain they showed for my questioning. It was very much a " we are the experts and have been doing this for a long timeā€¦.and you are a nobody and should just trust what we wrote in the listing " sort of conversation. Needless to say eMedals is not a place I check for militaria any longer and would not recommend them for anything SS and expect a holier than thou attitude if you call them and your name is unknown to them.
    Last edited by DougB; 11-21-2013 at 04:56 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals
    P
    Many

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I am very busy at work but wanted to post this thread as a warning to others and to completely distance myself from this s*** helmet.

http://www.emedals.c...g11128?vmcchk=1

This helmet I used to own, sold to me by Bob Iqbal. I sold it to a fellow collector in Canada after owning it for a few years. However, I refunded his money when I determined, on my own volition, that the decals were postwar fakes. I have absolute unequivocal proof they are fakes as these identical decals appear on a fake M35 Blackie, a postwar civic made black helmet, and another fake Blackie, as well as the party decal found on a fake police M42 sold in Australia.

It is in Kelly's book but is a fake, and I have discussed it at length with Kelly.

I returned the helmet to Bob recently and he refunded me to my satisfaction.

RoyA just sent me the link to eMedals.

It is known it is a fake to Bob. How it got to eMedals I do not know.

Buyer beware on this one. You will not be refunded like I was.

I would like to know who sent it to eMedals?

Pics are posted here:

http://www.walhalla.se/topic/42169-f...s/#entry485039
    You are a man of honor Doug.
    Many would not say anything to avoid admitting that they made a mistake.
    You are a credit to the collecting community.

?

DougB,

My name is Michael, I am the manager at eMedals. I just wanted you take a moment to respond to your posts. First off, I would like to offer my apologises if you felt belittled while speaking on the phone with us. We are all collectors as well here, and we would never have the intention of speaking to you this way. Secondly, and along these same lines, as collectors we know how important it is to feel confidence in the dealer which you purchase items. We do our absolute best to "weed out" replicas and list only authentic items on the website. Our return policy reflects this.

The M34 Black SS Helmet has been removed from our website. I want to thank you for bringing this problem to my attention. You have been very helpful!

Thank you again,

Michael

Hi Michael, welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear the item has been removed from sale.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice work Michael, your website will remain on my favorites list now based on your comments. Can I ask what will now happen with the helmet in question?

Quote by DougB View Post

That doesn't surprise me at all.

It reminded me of the time I went into a local oak furniture store with my wife to look for bedroom furniture wearing my Saturday finest (sweat pants and a t-shirt, unshaven) and the salesperson said that oak furniture was expensive and that we might want to check out Ikea. I said to the salesman, ok no problem, I will take my platinum AMX card and get into my Cadillac Escalade and try somewhere else. The furniture store closed a few years late, I assume because they treated other customers in the same fashion.
    You're the Canadian version of Oprah Winfrey in the Swiss Hand Bag Boutique, only in photo negative....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Glenn66,

Thanks for the kind words and I am glad to learn that we will remain a favourite. I have personally contacted the individual who sent us the helmet, and I am waiting for their response. Don't hesitate to let me know if I can be of any help or if you have further questions,

Michael

Quote by DougB View Post
    I understand Bob sold it on the cheap, someone else is trying to make a fast buck it seems. Thanks for the kind words Chris and Mr Goon.

Thanks Doug for the extra info.

Good to see at the end of this thread that the recent would be sellers have withdrawn it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by MikeEM View Post
    DougB,

My name is Michael, I am the manager at eMedals. I just wanted you take a moment to respond to your posts. First off, I would like to offer my apologises if you felt belittled while speaking on the phone with us. We are all collectors as well here, and we would never have the intention of speaking to you this way. Secondly, and along these same lines, as collectors we know how important it is to feel confidence in the dealer which you purchase items. We do our absolute best to "weed out" replicas and list only authentic items on the website. Our return policy reflects this.

The M34 Black SS Helmet has been removed from our website. I want to thank you for bringing this problem to my attention. You have been very helpful!

Thank you again,

Michael
    Hi Michael,

Thank you for the response and the apology, while not what I was looking for or the intent of my initial post, it is appreciated. It was not a good experience speaking on the phone with the representative the one time I called. I hold customer service and retail companies to high standards, given that it is also the business I am in. I am like most, if I feel that my business or queries aren't respected or valued I go elsewhere and not say much, I just move on.

With all due respect, some of your SS items and German helmets I have seen offered on your site, the weeding out process could use a better weed whacker and some environmentally friendly weed killing spray.

Thank you for removing the black M34 SS, it is bad to the bone and some unsuspecting collector would have bought it thinking as I once did, that because it is in a book it is automatically correct.

Thanks again for addressing this.

Doug

- - ------- - -

Quote by big ned View Post
    You're the Canadian version of Oprah Winfrey in the Swiss Hand Bag Boutique, only in photo negative....
    I went back and deleted my comment, I didn't think it was appropriate but I see it lives on Ned LOLOLOL

Hello Mike and welcome to the forum , I just felt the need to say that even though I personally have not bought from you , I am appreciative of your response to what has come to light about this particular helmet through this thread. We all make mistakes and it is good to see that you take seriously the opinions and concerns of a community like this and take appropriate action. Leon.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast