Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals

Article about: by MikeEM Doug, Thank you for the comments. As I mentioned, we are adamant not to sell fakes and to respect the collecting community. I will personally review the items you have mentioned. I

Quote by schalburg View Post
    At first I thought not reply to your post, but since you are accusing me of having shady intentions and just be out to hurt so I want to clarify some things : I have no idea when you bought the helmet. What I write about three years aimed at what is written in the article that I answer was " Kelly who wrote this particular book also many years ago"... I still believe that 3 years is not many years ago.

Do you really think it is strange to be questioned at this time when a helmet that certainly costs more than most people can afford first described and sold as a treasure and then turns out to be an outright forgery ? The way you express yourself in this forum is typical of bullies where you do not pull you for carp down others, but when you yourself will be challenged , you will be offended , and more or less idiot explains me . As always bully has a number of fans for the leader and get in touch , but not until the conductor told them ,they never dare say anything first.

Now, I was disappointed in you , Mr Doug B.

The subject of discussion is over for me.
    Hello Schalburg , what is it exactly that you collect ?
    I see Doug's entire collection for display on this forum and I see 7 posts from you none of which contain a shred of militaria.
    Of those 7 posts there's 3 in this topic questioning the whole history Doug clearly explained.
    So while I know Doug (personally) and other members of this forum quite well you are an unknown here so you coming hard into this discussion is quite strange.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals
    P
    Many

Not that it really matters a whole lot, but I was just wondering...does anyone know who the forger is/was that Made this helmet to begin with? I can't imagine that it was a one time effort on his part, so you have to wonder just how many More of these "super fakes" of his are still out there in collections and circulating.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Not that it really matters a whole lot, but I was just wondering...does anyone know who the forger is/was that Made this helmet to begin with? I can't imagine that it was a one time effort on his part, so you have to wonder just how many More of these "super fakes" of his are still out there in collections and circulating.
    I wouldn't classify it as a super fake. It was sold as being "early" or "locally made" which I really believed as there are variants with provenance that exist like that. But they must be closely scrutinized.

Like I said, I have had in my hands 3 more using the exact same decals, all were blackies. All have been around for about 3 decades as far as I can tell. All exhibit the exact same "fingerprint". All are now easily identifiable by eye, now we know what to look for. None have provenance. All can be traced to Italy, or so I have been told. All are on black helmets, mainly civic helmets. As well this party decal has been seen on police fakes. It's an easy fake to spot now. I have seen 1 of these civics posted on this forum and another on the GHW2 forum.

To identify these by eye:
    The party decal, look for the offset hakenkreuz and vertical/horizontal age cracking.
    The runic decal, look for soft corners in the upper shield, soft inner rune breaks and thin pulver.

Note, both were printed using methods similar to the period and not microprinting.

At 200 times the giveaway is the right rune tip on the runic decal and at 1 o clock near the border of the white circle to the red background.

?

Also I forgot to mention is the curved lower left outside rune edge.

?

I must say Doug I am surprised that so few of these types of decals have surfaced on helmets over the last thirty odd years I would have expected to see more of them .
    I suspect he would have printed (for the lack of a better term ) many more but perhaps it is a little early to make that call considering this has just come to light as it were.

Regards Mark k

?

I am sure there are more, I've seen now 6 of them and two police helmets with the fake party shield.

Remember these came out in the pre internet days so I think tougher to flood the market with them as it was all via mail.

The smart faker makes a few, sells high, and has other helmet fakes coming out in between "issues" and then moves to something else.

The bad fakes there's hundreds of 1 decal type fooling those who want a cheap SS helmet and they buy on trust.

The good fakes and I mean the top fakes like the Q SS there's only a few and sell for big bucks.

?

Good point Doug this makes a lot of sense lower production numbers sold at higher prices makes for a rare decal not seen on many helmets.

Regards Mark K

Mr Scharlburg , I do feel that you have failed completely to understand the reasons why once accepted decals are now considered fake by TWO of the most eminent kings(sorry Doug) of this area of expertise.If you really would like to get your hands on another "dubious" book piece by the aforementioned Mr Radovic here's your chance , only £2,200! It's a winner!!(Oh it's been for this bargain price for at least two years) By the way Doug , you can bully me all you like as the only "trauma" I have felt from it is a better understanding of a good honest SS decal against a real S*I* one!!(whatever manufacturer) Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals  Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals  Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals  Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals 

Quote by DougB View Post
    That is because they were sold Leon. Not because they are still for sale.

So, the fakes are therefore now removed I suspect not for reasons of integrity, and not because the dealer has a new found understanding of real vs fake. Leon, I think you are too quick to compliment this dealer over his choices and helmet selection until we find out if he also will be refunding his buyers who bought these helmets he withdrew from his site.

I think they were removed to hide them.

Perhaps Michael would like to post these helmets here for discussion and not just take my word on it. When experienced collectors agree that these helmets I pointed out, all of which I believe were marked SOLD, are fake, he can then contact the buyers and give them a refund, like how I did with the person who bought this fake SS helmet from me years before, and prove his statement on his website and made here in public as fact and not just empty promises.

Integrity is not bought or sold, but earned.
    Ahh , that may be why the crap Treffen is still up for $350!!Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals Leon.

Quote by DougB View Post
    I wish there were an UNLIKE button because I would give this a big fat UNLIKE. ;-)

Seriously - dont collect anything if you are not comfortable with your choices.
    i love collecting helmets. i would like to retract that comment. its with the great information that all the advanced collectors have privided to people like me free of charge. ie doug. and many other forum members. that still makes this hobby great. thanks.
    But on the flip side its made this hobby harder, for all the bananas out there, that fake these helmets. and sell them.
    To move there crap around the world. good work to to you all for doing that. and the dealers that dont take the time to research the items they have. and try to sell them as genuine items. and get caught out, well its this that can be off putting to me. but it will not stop me.
    A while back i got done with a dd42 police helmet. that also had a off center party shield.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast