Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Fake or not fake?

Article about: Is this fake or not fake? and how can you tell, what parts are you looking at and so on. my friend just bought this helmet and I want to be sure its real before I go "cool helmet bro&qu

Default Fake or not fake?

Is this fake or not fake?
    and how can you tell, what parts are you looking at and so on.
    my friend just bought this helmet and I want to be sure its real before I go "cool helmet bro".
    and I want to learn how you see it, because me myself are going to this military convention in a couple of months,
    buying my own one, wanna know its real

Thx!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake or not fake?   Fake or not fake?  

Fake or not fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake or not fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fake or not fake?

Welcome to the forum.
    What do you think of it?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I dont know really.
    I find the colors wrong. It must be repainted, if its real that will say. (please correct me if Im wrong).
    Im never been the collector of helmets, just other types of militarystuff, so this is not somthing I know stuff about.
    I know some helmetes shouldnt have double decale, but I dont know if its this model or an older/later.

Thanks for your opinion on it.
    Many people here are very wise on these but I am not one of them.
    But at first I notice a very fresh decal that does not match the other and paint looks strange to me.
    I look forward to further input.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hello and welcome to the forum,i am sorry to say that your friends helmet is not an original SS. It is an original M35 that was originally a "pea green" as you can see by the paint on the inside that has been left alone.The decals are poor fakes(especially the party shield)the runic shield looks like the runes finish level with the breaks to the shield level on the left hand side and at least 2mm above on the right(wrong).The so called "cammo" is a very poor attempt,that has had artificial wear(note the horizontal sanding marks),this just would not happen naturally on an original. Sorry,i just see NOTHING to say this is a double decal SS CAMMO HELMET. Leon.

Thank you for this answer, Ill problably gonna break his heart with this news, but I have to tell him.
    I did some googeling after to find pictures of what you just told me to try to get a hang over it more.
    And it all make sence by looking at this helmet!
    so thank you so much for this information

/michaela
    The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead.
    The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function:
    without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it.
    Ronalnd Spiers -

?

It's a fake camo and fake decals.

how much did your friend pay?