Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First bought helmet - told it was SS French division... Need help

Article about: All the photos that I have ever seen relating to the Charlemagne Division have only ever shown a tri-colour shield on the ARM and either NO decals on the helmet or, at most an SS and swastik

?

Default First bought helmet - told it was SS French division... Need help

OK - I got this on an online auction quite cheap. I figure the decal is fake.
    I am totally new to helmets, maybe someone could tell me though if the
    helmet itself has any value or significance? What type of helmet for
    example. I thought it was a neat piece and figured the writing about the item
    was garbage or it would have sold for much more. Anyway - any help determining
    anything at all about the helmet would be a great service to me.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images First bought helmet - told it was SS French division...  Need help  First bought helmet - told it was SS French division...  Need help 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First bought helmet - told it was SS French division...  Need help
    P
    Many

Default Re: First bought helmet - told it was SS French division... Need help

WWII German M42 helmet. Yes, a fake decal.

Maker and size markings should be stamped on the inside rim
    Regards,

Steve.

Not much to tell , it's a M42 helmet with a fake French shield. Maker - size and lotnumber stamp are stamped into the shell.
    Hope you didn't pay too much.

Never saw a original charlemagne division helmet for sell.Every time I saw one for sell they were always fakes.

Every single one I have seen also has been deemed a fake. What are even the characteristics of a real one? To know something is fake you must compare it to the real thing... But no one seems to ever have had the real thing.This is very odd to me maybe someone can explain.

I'm no expert, but wasn't the Charlemagne Division activated late in the war....by which time decals were no longer being used?

PG

There is no real helmet because of a French cover up

JK

Quote by Nathan5kdp View Post
    Every single one I have seen also has been deemed a fake. What are even the characteristics of a real one? To know something is fake you must compare it to the real thing... But no one seems to ever have had the real thing.This is very odd to me maybe someone can explain.
    There's not much to go on here , no close-ups , no decent pictures , no maker info or lotnr. There's only so much to say about two lousy pictures.
    Confident or honest sellers provide good close-ups and all info from the onset , that's how you sell a helmet.

At least you got a real helmet, liner and liner band.....if it was cheap - you could try and remove the decal. Good luck!

Rob

Does anyone have any good period pictures of one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast