Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Friend's SS helmet....real or fake?

Article about: Hi this is an enquiry on behalf of a friend (I'm usually in the allied forum). Is this helmet genuine? If not, does it have any value? Thank you.

ILH
    ?

Default Friend's SS helmet....real or fake?

Hi this is an enquiry on behalf of a friend (I'm usually in the allied forum).

Is this helmet genuine? If not, does it have any value?
    Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Friend's SS helmet....real or fake?   Friend's SS helmet....real or fake?  

Friend's SS helmet....real or fake?   Friend's SS helmet....real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Friend's SS helmet....real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Not a chance...

I'd rather the bunch of bananas!

Seriously though, this looks to have had a complete rehash as an SS 'Blackie'. A coat of gloss black and a sticker and voila! Instant history...not.

ILH
    ?

Fair enough, its a fake.
    I know Allied kit and enough to know that I don't know enough about Axis, so i turn to the experts.
    easy with the banter please.
    Does it have any monetary value to add to the fund for the late owner's headstone?

MAP
    ?

Quote by ILH View Post
    Fair enough, its a fake.
    I know Allied kit and enough to know that I don't know enough about Axis, so i turn to the experts.
    easy with the banter please.
    Does it have any monetary value to add to the fund for the late owner's headstone?
    Unfortunately, it has very little value. It has been complete reassembled (the whole helmet has been painted black inside and out). The liner might not even be original.

Might be for someone looking for a project to make a re-enactors helmet but don't think the family will get more than $100. Probably less. And then it will probably sit for a while until the right buyer comes along.

Sorry to hear about the news.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

ILH
    ?

Thank you.

Ditto to what MAP said. Its just we see so much junk it gets numbing!!!
    Hope the relatives get their headstone....

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi, sorry, but as the fella's have stated, it is not a period SS helmet, just a messed with M40. However I will say that original liners sell for over £100 now so there is a little money to be made for the fund from this one. Leon.