Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Genuine ?ss cover on ebay

Article about: Guys there is a nice 1st pattern (no loops ss cover on ebay) it has a nice faded look about it and i would say its genuine.in case anyof you are hankering after one.

Default Genuine ?ss cover on ebay

Guys there is a nice 1st pattern (no loops ss cover on ebay) it has a nice faded look about it and i would say its genuine.in case anyof you are hankering after one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Genuine ?ss cover on ebay
    P
    Many

Default Re: Genuine ?ss cover on ebay

Link Please?

its on ebay uk .type in collectibles and then ww2 german helmets .i hope this helps

That's a no from me

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    That's a no from me
    Just out of curiosity John. Why do you say no?
    What I know of SS helmet covers, (granted, not a lot!), I would have given it a YES!

The pattern looks faded but OK, the helmet clips look good, the front of the cover over the helmet brim looks ok also and there is traces of a green camouflaged inner to it also.

As stated, I do-not know a lot about SS helmet covers and would appreciate yours, or anyone else's answer as to why it is a no.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Hi Ian
    I don't like the look of the clips, and I don't like the material, as it doesn't show any bleed. Not even on the faded bits and i don't like the stitching, and the springs look wrong IMHO.

If real, I believe that it wouldn't even make e bay, as it would be snapped up before it hit the site. Granted, not everyone knows what they have, but in this age of internet and knowledge, it doesn't take a lot to find out, bearing in mind that it's a 2k piece, and its stuck at 50 quid................ No such things as a bargain.

My point is that I have owned and sold more than three, and none of them looked like that one does. End of the day, it's just my opinion
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Genuine ?ss cover on ebay  
    Attached Images Attached Images Genuine ?ss cover on ebay 

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Hi Ian
    I don't like the look of the clips, and I don't like the material, as it doesn't show any bleed. Not even on the faded bits and i don't like the stitching, and the springs look wrong IMHO.

If real, I believe that it wouldn't even make e bay, as it would be snapped up before it hit the site. Granted, not everyone knows what they have, but in this age of internet and knowledge, it doesn't take a lot to find out, bearing in mind that it's a 2k piece, and its stuck at 50 quid................ No such things as a bargain.

My point is that I have owned and sold more than three, and none of them looked like that one does. End of the day, it's just my opinion
    Hi John

Thanks for the explanations mate. No offence meant to you in my original post, but I did say that my knowledge on this subject is limited which is why I didn't respond in the first place until after you had posted.

Once again, something new learnt.

Thanks mate.

Regards etc

Ian D

That cover on ebay is of "Palm" pattern and would be VERY rare if genuine. And I don't what looks to be a maker's stamp on the top of the cover. Save your money for somthing alittle more promising.

Also I just noticed the clips look to be purposley scratched and damaged to seem old and worn out to the unsuspecting buyer. If they were actually scratched that long ago, some sort of ageing would have occured to the bare metal, yet it seems quite shiny.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast