Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

german helmet help

Article about: hi all love the site so had to join , I have a helmet if anyone can help tell me what I have (be gentle ) I feel I have a genuine m40 however I don't believe the wire is right , I feel the o

Default Re: german helmet help

DN are good.
    I think he is thinking of DIN
    Chris.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post-20443-13072508469969.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	540278

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: german helmet help

hi all
    big thanks for your help guys, in view that we are pretty sure we are dealing with a decent made up fake helmet,my next instinct is to remove add ons and bring it back life and take a fake off the market , or do you all think I should keep it as a show piece to remind me how good fakes can be I will decide what I decide but your views would be appreciated ,thanks again every one for taking the time to help
    regards mark

?

Quote by mar0367 View Post
    thanks grenadier biermann. yes quist did ,im not sure if quist made m40s after the war I thought it was 45s plus wasn't the the maker number and size moved to the rear of the helmet over the batch number on post helmets and ive had a message from a top dealer saying defo a period m40 but hay we could all be wrong thanks very much for your help
    Quist moved the maker and size stamp to the rear of the helmet mid war not post.
    Most of the post war Quist helmets have no lot number and were only made in a size 64

Hi Mark , welcome to the forum , as you have already been told this is a nice period Quist helmet that has had the post war addition of wire and decal. I personally would remove the faked aspect of this helmet , but be gentle and take your time , you do not want to make it look messy and you never know , there just may be the remnants of an original decal beneath the fake. All the best , leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

I'd leave it - it is what it is. Monkeying will only mess it up more.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I sure i saw this helmet for sale on Ebay a couple of months ago ? Is it the same helmet , it was listed as original on Ebay so if so get your money back

?

If you didn't pay too much then I wouldn't worry. If you want a nice display piece, this works..until you can find, and afford a real one. As Steve said, leave it as is. It doesn't look cheap like some ive seen, but fairly decent as a display. Not all of us can afford a nice SS , so this should ease the pain.. Temporarily.

hi everyone
    I big big thanks for all the comments , the update on the helmet is that I sent a very strong email to seller explaining that this was not a elite period painted combat helmet with no hesitation he gave me a full refund within 2 days , i had a great journey with this helmet ie all the research and help for yourselves even though it turned out to be not right. i thought hard about bring the helmet back to its orig state but as i paid 520 for the helmet doing all this work would prob give me half its value back in view of all this i have decided to pay a bit more and buy a lesser helmet ie army (not lesser in the derogative sense)from a reportable seller with a certificate of authentication again i would like to thank the members of this forum with the help and advice you have given and for any onlookers buyers beware there are some amazing fake works of art out there but to me its unjust to change the amazing history of a genuine helmet for it to be something its not thanks all
    kind regards mark

hi everyone
    I big big thanks for all the comments , the update on the helmet is that I sent a very strong email to seller explaining that this was not a elite period painted combat helmet with no hesitation he gave me a full refund within 2 days , i had a great journey with this helmet ie all the research and help for yourselves even though it turned out to be not right. i thought hard about bring the helmet back to its orig state but as i paid 520 for the helmet doing all this work would prob give me half its value back in view of all this i have decided to pay a bit more and buy a lesser helmet ie army (not lesser in the derogative sense)from a reportable seller with a certificate of authentication again i would like to thank the members of this forum with the help and advice you have given and for any onlookers buyers beware there are some amazing fake works of art out there but to me its unjust to change the amazing history of a genuine helmet for it to be something its not thanks all
    kind regards mark
    Wise words!
    Dan
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

hi everyone
    kind regards mark
    Hi Mark , that's great news , it is also good that the seller did not argue about a refund!! I hope you find a great helmet but please post it here for us to marvel at!! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12