Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german helmet help

Article about: hi all love the site so had to join , I have a helmet if anyone can help tell me what I have (be gentle ) I feel I have a genuine m40 however I don't believe the wire is right , I feel the o

Default german helmet help

hi all
    love the site so had to join , I have a helmet if anyone can help tell me what I have (be gentle )
    german helmet helpgerman helmet helpgerman helmet helpgerman helmet helpgerman helmet helpgerman helmet helpgerman helmet helpgerman helmet help

I feel I have a genuine m40 however I don't believe the wire is right , I feel the outer over paint may be period but inside helmet inner skirt might be post . decals im not sure ,i think numbers are real low batch number may be right for decals but I know you guys know masses more than me so any help would be great
    thanks all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german helmet help
    P
    Many

Default Re: german helmet help

Interesting. That lot number does match an SD SS, very tough to make a call on that decal with so little remaining though. I'm sure I've seen this before somewhere, have you posted it before or recently bought it?

BTW Quist did not have consecutive lot numbers, only ET in fact did.

Post war Quist I guess Quist was the only one who remain and carry helmet production after the war and they've been used for border police etc. Those two letters are confusing never see on genuine ww2 helmet !??

?

No chance.

thanks grenadier biermann. yes quist did ,im not sure if quist made m40s after the war I thought it was 45s plus wasn't the the maker number and size moved to the rear of the helmet over the batch number on post helmets and ive had a message from a top dealer saying defo a period m40 but hay we could all be wrong thanks very much for your help

hi do you mean no chance on my helmet or the post war comment cheers

thanks grenadier biermann. yes quist did ,im not sure if quist made m40s after the war I thought it was 45s plus wasn't the the maker number and size moved to the rear of the helmet over the batch number on post helmets and ive had a message from a top dealer saying defo a period m40 but hay we could all be wrong thanks very much for your help

?

Quote by mar0367 View Post
    hi do you mean no chance on my helmet or the post war comment cheers
    Hi, and welcome aboard!

The decal is fake, and chances are the wire is bad too, sorry to be the bearer of the bad news.

Samir

Put together helmet sorry.
    chris

Quote by Grenadier Biermann View Post
    Post war Quist I guess Quist was the only one who remain and carry helmet production after the war and they've been used for border police etc. Those two letters are confusing never see on genuine ww2 helmet !??
    I'm not sure why you think it is a post war shell. DN prefixed lot numbers are quite common.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast