Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German SS helmet fake?

Article about: Hi, Thanks for your help, has anyone dealt with IMA before or know if they've used a batch number on their repro shells thats around the 800 mark, the shell could be one of theirs as he has

?

Default German SS helmet fake?

Hi,

I've seen this on ebay, looks like a repro helmet and liner that someone is passing off as an original DD SS helmet in Normandy Camo. What are peoples thoughts on this? IMO the seller knows what they are selling isn't original, their feedback is 100% however a neutral comment mentions the use of sandpaper on a medal case to make it appear old, it seems really dodgy and at the £250ish its currently at it seems someone is getting ripped off. Does anything else stand out on this helmet as a fake? I could be wrong here but it seems too good to be true

WW2 German DD M35 Helmet | eBay

Regards Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German SS helmet fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German SS helmet fake?

Nothing showing on the link, but judging by the other helmets displayed, an absolute dodgy item

?

Dead link, best to copy a pic or take a screen shot, and post that otherwise it leaves a useless thread.

?

Hi,
    Heres some pics of it
    Regards Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German SS helmet fake?   German SS helmet fake?  

German SS helmet fake?   German SS helmet fake?  

German SS helmet fake?  

?

Really bad bad pics....can't deduc much at all on colour or decals....run away

?

Hi,
    The seller had sold chin straps, liners and dome stamps before on ebay which makes this seem even more suspect
    Regards Matt

- - Updated - -

Hi,
    Could be just really bad wording but he seems to make out this helmet cover is original
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW2-German-Helmet-Cover/290732903428?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=019&category= 4722&cmd=ViewItem#ht_500wt_1387
    Regards Matt

?

Hello Matt
    I am not a helmet guy, but seeing something like this really pumps up my blood pressure. The ventilation rivet just looks wrong & the
    purposely abraded decals scream scamster! It amazes me that gullible fools think that they have done well & give these leeches
    good feedback. Sorry for my quick rant, I just hate fake , misrepresented items.

Regards
    Brett

?

Hi Brett
    I know what you mean, there was a better picture of the rivet however I forgot to save it. The seller seems to do quite a bit of their buying on ebay and along with the dome stamp have bought a repro ET68 marked helmet from IMA's ebay store which I feel may be the one he's selling here (the batch numbers vary from the ones IMA are currently selling though). Luckily the listing has been removed, I would have felt sorry for the poor guy who paid over the odds for something I feel is a poor fake

Regards Matt

?

Personally, I think the whole helmet is fake including the shell. The ET stamping doesn't even look legit. Crap if you ask me.

?

Bad shell, liner, etc etc etc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast