Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good or bad SD helmet?

Article about: Hi guys, another candidat for your evaluation.... I find it strange but who knows... markings are hard to read but I would say: CK 134 and underneath 2439 Nothing on the left side Many thank

?

Default Good or bad SD helmet?

Hi guys,
    another candidat for your evaluation.... I find it strange but who knows... markings are hard to read but I would say: CK 134 and underneath 2439 Nothing on the left side
    Many thanks in advance for your valuable input...
    Cheers to all and stay safe

Good or bad SD helmet?Good or bad SD helmet?Good or bad SD helmet?Good or bad SD helmet?Good or bad SD helmet?Good or bad SD helmet?Good or bad SD helmet?Good or bad SD helmet?Good or bad SD helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good or bad SD helmet?
    P
    Many

The paint and general wear all look period in my opinion and the helmet has has a good overall patina. I would suggest the maker stamp is ckl and the size 64. I believe the Lot number to be either 2434 or 2484 (I downloaded the image and enhanced). I can see some of the green camo paint on the liner band and liner meaning the liner was in when the camo was painted.

I think the decal may stand a chance of being an original ET style decal with a pulver having toned over the years due to age or perhaps lacquer. Having said that I am in no way an expert on decals so wait for opinions from members with a lot more decal experience.
    Andy

Is this helmet not too late manufactured to be a Decal helmet
    I would guess it was manufactured after the decal drop
    Only a Opinion
    BR
    Bavarian

?

Andy, many thanks for having taken the time to investigate this helmet further, I really appreciate. I wish other members will give their opinion on the decal... As new collector, I wan't imagining there was such a useful website with such a number of friendly expert...this is a gold mine of information here....

Quote by Bavarian View Post
    Is this helmet not too late manufactured to be a Decal helmet
    I would guess it was manufactured after the decal drop
    Only a Opinion
    BR
    Bavarian
    Decal drop was around 3200 - so this could be a decal helmet.
    I'm unsure on the SS decal though. SS camos are pretty rare as well.

nick

Ive learned something new today
    BR
    Bavarian

?

me too...however, I m learning everyday on this site

Totally agree Nick in regards to SS camos being scarce. The decal looks like it has been placed directly onto the original paint with the camo being applied over and around it and the paint has age to it. No real damage evident more wear. But we know how good the fakers can be too so may have been done in the 70’s?

Ford42, great that you posted here prior to laying down any $$. Even if the helmet turns out to be faked/messed with it is a win win as everyone learns. We have some members on the forum with years of experience with camos and decals so definitely wait for some more opinions before making any big decisions.

Andy

To follow up on what Andy says - when i look at the SS decal, i don't see an immediate obvious fake. But i'm going to sit on the fence because i'm unsure.
    A sharper close up photo would help if you can get it.
    There are some other members who are better versed on SS decals so i would wait for their opinion too - you don't want to get it wrong!
    nick

?

Default Hope the photo is clear enough

Good or bad SD helmet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast