Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello guys need opinions on this SS unused decal!

Article about: This decal has been a part of my friend Rons collection for all the years of him collecting. He got this decal back in 1946 and was told it was cut from a sheet of unused SS decals after the

Default Hello guys need opinions on this SS unused decal!

This decal has been a part of my friend Rons collection for all the years of him collecting. He got this decal back in 1946 and was told it was cut from a sheet of unused SS decals after the Russians took over a Waffen Factory. The person he bought it from sold him three of these decals. The one that Ron still has has some sort of stamp on the back looking like it shows how to place the decal so that it would be perfectly placed. I really was opinions on this one guys. I did the magnifying test and it's not modern day printed. I have a repro SS decal and this one looks way different then the repro. I'm curious what yous guys think, I'm going to try and take a picture of the one that Ron has with the placement lines on it at a later date.Attachment 712207Attachment 712206Hello guys need opinions on this SS unused decal!Hello guys need opinions on this SS unused decal!Hello guys need opinions on this SS unused decal!Hello guys need opinions on this SS unused decal!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello guys need opinions on this SS unused decal!
    P
    Many

This will be interesting. It just looks odd and may be from a maker that was too late to have them accepted?
    Just a wild idea to kick off.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Hello True Grit
    You might get a few more bites if you post this on the SS helmet forum. The helmet decal gallery is
    for reference only. Search the SS helmet forum for the SS runic decal reference section & compare
    your friends decal with the authentic examples shown there. See what you reckon!

Regards
    Brett

Danmark that was exactly what I was thinking, I know it seems to period but I figure I post it on here for opinions.

Fake, sorry.

?

There's no way he got that one in 1946. Maybe 1976.

Samir

Quote by Brett View Post
    Hello True Grit
    You might get a few more bites if you post this on the SS helmet forum. The helmet decal gallery is
    for reference only. Search the SS helmet forum for the SS runic decal reference section & compare
    your friends decal with the authentic examples shown there. See what you reckon!

Regards
    Brett
    Moved.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Your friend Ron is wasting a plastic sleeve on this. It is a terrible and well known reproduction from the 70's. The reason your repro SS decal looks way different than this is because this is one of the worst fakes ever made of the runic decal, and that is just the gospel truth, not trying to be condescending.

So the example in the plastic sleeve is not Ron's 1946 item? The opening post is confusing.

?

Very bad!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast