Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet Authentication please.. DD SS (m34??)

Article about: Hello all. I have a very good friend who is an older fellow. He actually got me interested in the hobby of antique military items. He has this helmet which he has had for a long time and whi

?

Default Helmet Authentication please.. DD SS (m34??)

Hello all. I have a very good friend who is an older fellow. He actually got me interested in the hobby of antique military items. He has this helmet which he has had for a long time and which he has offered to sell me for a very good price on the promise that I keep the helmet in my collection and pass it on the my son. Upon seeing the helmet, my mind began to race with the possibility of fakery just because it is a DD SS which I know from reading here is the holy grail of steel helmet collecting. I could find no stamps in the inside at all which led me to think it may be an m34 light duty parade helmet. This and the air holes which look like the ones I've seen on m34s before. Having been taught by my parents, and by life itself that gold doesn't fall from the sky, I humbly offer these photos for the experts here to give their opinions. I expect the worst and hope for the best. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Authentication please.. DD SS (m34??)   Helmet Authentication please.. DD SS (m34??)  

Helmet Authentication please.. DD SS (m34??)   Helmet Authentication please.. DD SS (m34??)  

Helmet Authentication please.. DD SS (m34??)   Helmet Authentication please.. DD SS (m34??)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet Authentication please.. DD SS (m34??)
    P
    Many

Im sorry its a complete modern fake. None of the parts are authentic. The helmet is miss-shapen and the vent holes are also the wrong shape. The decals are poor quality copies and are set too low on the helmet.

Hi, sadly this is not a genuine SS helmet. Those are fake Pocher style decals and if you look at the "wear" to the steel, it is patchy as if a bit of sand papering has been going on. Stick it out in the rain for a week and bob's your uncle. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Nothing to see here people...keep on moving along...

Sorry BigE. Doug and Leon pretty much summed it up. One looker fake even in the dark. Your instincts are correct.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks guys for confirming my suspicions. Now I have to break it to my friend who thought he was doing me a solid favor. Tips hat in gratitude and quietly exits.....