Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

This helmet has been offered to me for sale, what do you think?

Article about: I've had my share of helments like that that is why I am no SS man take some closeup and detailed pictures of the decal lot no etc for the SS guys to see sounds like some of them that know h

?

Default This helmet has been offered to me for sale, what do you think?

This helmet has been offered to me for sale, what do you think?This helmet has been offered to me for sale, what do you think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement This helmet has been offered to me for sale, what do you think?
    P
    Many

?

I think you need far more better pictures to let the experts judge!

?

Hi there
    Judging by the photo, the decal is clearly in the wrong place/position, and it looks ike there is another decal underneath it.
    Regards

?

Quote by allan View Post
    Hi there
    Judging by the photo, the decal is clearly in the wrong place/position, and it looks ike there is another decal underneath it.
    Regards
    What you mean with the wrong place/position?

I know very little about ss helmets but just looking at these pictures the decal doesn't look right!

?

The decals should be directly under the vent, lined up square, with a 3mm gap between the vent and decal. Have a look at others posted on this site to compare.
    Regards

?

Quote by allan View Post
    The decals should be directly under the vent, lined up square, with a 3mm gap between the vent and decal. Have a look at others posted on this site to compare.
    Regards
    Ohw no, that is not true. There are a lot of examples where the decal isn't applied nicely lined up square! What about the field applied decals? Do you think the soldiers really cared about nicely lined up, 3mm beneeth the venthole?

?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Ohw no, that is not true. There are a lot of examples where the decal isn't applied nicely lined up square! What about the field applied decals? Do you think the soldiers really cared about nicely lined up, 3mm beneeth the venthole?
    What you think of this one? http://ss-steel-inc.com/sm403.JPG

Regarding the helmet that started the thread, it is a Pocher wannabe runic decal on an M42 shell, big red flag.Pictures of that quality - another red flag. Don't waste anymore time on it. Jim G.

Looks like someone took a decent M42 and slapped a fake SS decal in it to spice it up. Assuming the rest of the helmet is correct, that decal could be removed and you'd have a nice M42.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast