Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet for sale on Internet

Article about: by slados28 No problem! There's some pretty good sized shots of clips/remains of the cover etc. on the link I provided. Seems like the new owner, now the seller, of this helmet has cleaned a

SFC
    ?

Default Helmet for sale on Internet

Opinions about this helmet please. The seller said it comes from the SS Regiment Nederland area in Narva.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet for sale on Internet   Helmet for sale on Internet  

Helmet for sale on Internet   Helmet for sale on Internet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet for sale on Internet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Helmet for sale on Internet

will be hard to verify as there's almost nothing left to authenticate apart from the shell and the crappy small pics don't help either.

No way of telling what it may or may not be from these pictures i'm afraid. All i will say is that if it is a genuine SS,i would have thought the seller would give nice clear images of the decal as it would not hang around to long. Leon.

There is no way the 3 clips would still be in their original positions - if ground dug they would be encrusted and fall off as the lid was cleaned. If original, they have been removed and replaced for the photos IMO.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It looks blue inside the dome and I notice he is not showing the other side. Also there are no signs of runes on the decal and I would agree that the camo cover clips look anomalous.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Who is the seller ? If he says this is from Nederland positions ask exactly where that was ??

The helmet clips seem in very good condition for ground dug !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

That helmet has previously been sold on a Norwegian site for approx. $350 MODELL 1940 SS HJELM som har hatt hjelmtrekk. (Funnet ved Hiiemetsa).

It says that it was found near Hiiemetsa, west of Narva. Scissored and translated from description (via google translate for my convenience):

"This helmet is found by "SS-Regiment Niederlande` s "positions by Hiiemetsa west of Narva town in Estonia. The helmet is "re-issued" and has a thick rough paint over the original paint 1940. SS decals, much of the silver intact but you can barely make out the SS runes. The helmet has some splinter damage on this side and a crack. On top of which the remains of the SS camo. Helmet cover (see close-up) that is still attached and all 3 SS clip is also present. One clip has scraps of fabric helmet cover still attached. Inside the base, much of the original paint is still intact"

?

Thanks Slados, Hiemetsaa is a location where parts of the Dutch SS Panzer Grenadier Regt 48 " General Seyffardt " was destroyed during the retreat from Narva to the Tannenburg positions in late July 1944.

Closer photos of any helmet cover residue and the helmet clips are needed !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Apologies just seen the photos on the link , the clips are original and seem to be in ground dug condition plus the lid has genuine camo cover residue on it and the seller on the link has very good connections with diggers at Narva !!

1st July 1916

No problem! There's some pretty good sized shots of clips/remains of the cover etc. on the link I provided. Seems like the new owner, now the seller, of this helmet has cleaned at least one of those clips a bit. Also, the description doesn't say wether or not Derek of "Derek's Militaria" actually dug it himself but it's obvious from quite a few links on his site that he's been detecting there himself in the past and that he's got connections working with/for the Volksbund recovering fallen soldiers in that area. Other than that.. no idea.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast