Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help With a Helmet..M-42 Double Decal????

Article about: Close-ups of the black paint would be great. We can try n figure out if its an ex SS blackie, and not some post war black paint.

Default Help With a Helmet..M-42 Double Decal????

Hello, I got this when my grandfather passed away. He was in the army air force and flew the indo-china hump. This helmet came to him from my great uncle who was a troop in Europe and it went to my grandfather when he passed.

I think it is a 42 Double Decal from the research I have done on this website. I know the pics aren't great but it is all I have on my laptop right now. I can upload better pics later this week if you think I need to.

I don't want to sell the helmet, but rather get an opinion on the authenticity and the value for insurance purposes...

Your comments are appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Pete

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help With a Helmet..M-42 Double Decal????
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help With a Helmet...

Here is another pic There is no inner liner to this helmet......Help With a Helmet..M-42 Double Decal????

?

Default Re: Help With a Helmet..M-42 Double Decal????

Hi,

Its an M35, not 42. Try n get clear n close-up shots of the decals. The pics you have provided are terrible. What happened to the liner?

Samir

It's not a M42 because it has a rolled rim, from the pics it looks to be an M35 as for authenticity I am not sure there are some pretty good fakes but some one else will help you with that.

Yes, I took the pics a while back with a camera that didn't focus well. Looking at the website/forum info I was thinking the 42 but, I don't know, that's why I am here!

It hasn't had a liner since I can remember. My grandfather had it sitting on a shelf in his basement and told me the story of my Great Uncle Gus bringing it back from Germany when he was in the army fighting the germans. There was never much of a story behind it. My Uncle Lee told me stories of Korea when his job was to retrieve blown up tanks and the burnt soilders he had to pull out....the stories of war aren't always pretty.

Here is a pic of the inside....

I will be back home tomorrow and take good pics with my dslr with good lighting....what parts of the helmet do you need pics of to make a good determination of what it really is?

?

Well, try and take new photos of both decals so we can confirm the decals are period original.

From the crappy pics I have do they look somewhat legit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast