Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet

Article about: by dis360 Are you guys pulling my leg right now? I rulled this out before this post made it through last night because the emblem was reversed. If you are serious and sure I need to secure t

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    steady men,its only a tin helmet!--------------lol.
    ... a tin hat that could probably pay off your mortgage!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet
    P
    Many

As a way of thanks perhaps a little donation to the forum for services rendered would not go amiss, and may be a nice gesture at this time of peace on earth and goodwill to all men???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I must disagree, respectfully, of course! This helmet is FAR beyond just a "tin helmet" for reasons Doug has already pointed out. Not a helmet to be taken lightly.

?

I'm glad you guys are here to live it with me, today is a good day and as soon as I get back home from work in a few hours I'll post some real clean pictures.

I did notices the upper leather part in the dome has "K. F." or something like that written what looks like a long time ago with something that looks like a green grease pencil.

?

No. No it is not. This is like finding the Hope Diamond in a gravel pit.

For me this was the helmet I salivated over when I read Kelly's and Beaver's books. It was THE one I dreamt of having. When I was offered it, out of the blue, I literally left work to wire the money, I did not want to take a chance the person would change their mind.

I couldn't sleep until it arrived. And when it did arrive I left work to ogle at it for the entire day. (I own the place so I get to do those things, unless you work for me and are a collector of SS helmets too, then I get to come with you and we ogle together).

The person who sold me mine said he saw another years earlier and sold one to a collector in the Pacific Northwest years earlier as well, neither were in the condition as mine and one he said was in poor condition, but he said they were all identical. I can't help but wondering if this is one of the 3 known or another one.

But I am still floored and this has made my day for sure. Screw work, I keep coming back to this thread.

In any case, hurry up and post better photos or I will be flying to your place to see it in person LOL. (No I don't want to buy it, I own one already but I LOVE seeing these mega-rare out of the blue finds!!!!!)

A great day to be a helmet collector!

?

Quote by dis360 View Post

I did notices the upper leather part in the dome has "K. F." or something like that written what looks like a long time ago with something that looks like a green grease pencil.
    Post that up please, it rings a bell.

I don't think I have ever seen Doug as excited over a helmet either here or over at GHW this must be a rare SS version well I learned a lot as I have never seen one like it in the real that is in fifty years the poster was in the right place at the right time. Just goes to show you what can be out there. timothy

I surrender Kamerad.no mortgage Nick. lol.

?

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet
    Quote by DougB View Post
    Post that up please, it rings a bell.
    All I have with me is a camera phone and flashlight, its very faint in the picture. I'll get a better one soon.
    By the way this came from an estate sale 2 days ago in central North Carolina, then I scored it.

I'll give you a nickel for it
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast