Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet

Article about: by dis360 Are you guys pulling my leg right now? I rulled this out before this post made it through last night because the emblem was reversed. If you are serious and sure I need to secure t

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I must disagree, respectfully, of course! This helmet is FAR beyond just a "tin helmet" for reasons Doug has already pointed out. Not a helmet to be taken lightly.
    You're right, it's just a steel helmet.

How do you find this in an antique shop when I have found almost nothing in them? I thought no helmet could exite Doug as he just been so desensitised to them through seeing and owning so many, but I have been proven wrong. Absolutely fantastic find!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Vegar T View Post
    I'll give you a nickel for it
    Is it a 1913 liberty head nickel? If so I might consider it

Lol - I hope you asked for a discount, seeing that the decals
    are scratched up and one is on backwards !

Spectacular find - Congrats.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by DougB View Post

But I am still floored and this has made my day for sure. Screw work, I keep coming back to this thread.

In any case, hurry up and post better photos or I will be flying to your place to see it in person LOL. (No I don't want to buy it, I own one already but I LOVE seeing these mega-rare out of the blue finds!!!!!)

A great day to be a helmet collector!
    I admire your enthusiasm and passion for the hobby Doug.

Quote by dis360 View Post
    Is it a 1913 liberty head nickel? If so I might consider it
    I'm not as lucky as you, so you'll have to settle for one we took back with us from the family trip to San Francisco in 1999. It's an heirloom
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Just wondering, for the icing on the cake, what did you have to pay for it?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Quote by Vegar T View Post
    Just wondering, for the icing on the cake, what did you have to pay for it?
    Hmm.. I may have to take that to my grave.. Let's just say I got it on sale.. I did get them to throw in the extended warranty though

Hmm.. I may have to take that to my grave.. Let's just say I got it on sale.. I did get them to throw in the extended warranty though
    Are you in the State's? I'm just wondering what corner of the world this was found in.

Edit: Sorry, just saw above that you said North Carolina. Yeah, Dave is going to have a crap fit that he didn't find this one.

?

Attachment 609854

All I have with me is a camera phone and flashlight, its very faint in the picture. I'll get a better one soon.
    By the way this came from an estate sale 2 days ago in central North Carolina, then I scored it.
    That is Dave Shirlin country, he is going to freak when he finds out what he missed LOL. Great provenance as well on the estate sale, a good sign for this one.

?

Yes indeed guys I am excited.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast