Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet

Article about: by dis360 Are you guys pulling my leg right now? I rulled this out before this post made it through last night because the emblem was reversed. If you are serious and sure I need to secure t

?

I'd say that's in the ballpark. Ultra Rare SS is ultra expensive.

That said, price is a sideshow. It's the rarity and beauty that is what makes this helmet. That should be the focus of the conversation.

Price will just degrade this wonderful thread into people's opinions on the decline of the hobby, it's a rich mans game, I'd never pay that much, blah blah blah.

Money is the root of all evil and creates the moral challenges we see in this hobby daily from fakers, frauds and profiteers.

I challenge our members to shy away from price discussion and rather discuss said helmet and the OP's wonderful luck and when do we get the closeups and good photos??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet
    P
    Many

?

Doug is of course correct, money certainly is'nt the issue here, needless to say whatever was paid for it, the helmets rarity will outweigh that alone, I've had to re-read all the comments twice and look at what pics have been available, when I first saw this it reminded me of Dougs one, and how rare it was , what I didn't account for was just how rare it was, a collectors dream hit, I've just shown his to my missus and told her how rare and what the possible costs would be and warned her not to call them old crappy metal in future, her reply was ''well if you had one you could sell it to that bloke in Canada''I really do despair sometimes, sorry Doug but you would'nt get your hands on my one

Wow. I wrote the decals off right away. Hopefully in hand I wouldn't have made such a rash move. Its neat to see someone like Doug get so excited over something, that it is blatantly obvious in text form. Way to go on this find! I should only hope to be so lucky one day!

I was just drooling over this thread and as Doug said a collectors dream i was drooling even more

?

Sorry for the delay, I really want to get you guys some primo pics but my lighting is giving me some difficulties and I wanted to get some pics up right now. I'm excited about sharing as much as I can with the community. I just took about 20 pictures and some with a jewelers loop over the emblems as I thought that might help. I am posting a few pics now while the rest upload over my slow connection (thats what I get for living in the woods) so the rest will soon follow. Let me know specifics of what I should capture. Im not sure what dried blood looks like but there is a brownish textured substance that appears to be old and scattered across the dome of the helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet   Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet  

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet   Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet  

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet   Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet  

?

Hey dis360 ( we really need a name here - wink wink)

Not dried blood. So...... With these and all the pics shown I see zero red flags, this is an identical twin to mine, I mean identical, as far as I'm concerned without having it in hand, she's good to go.

in fact the scratching shows the substructure to the decals and that's exactly what you want to see. The party shield has unique features of the red exterior border "overflowing" not seen in the fakes of this decal type, and both possess period print charachteristics expected.

My God, how beautiful.

I asked earlier but in all the excitement perhaps you didn't read it, but, your a collector of militaria / helmets?

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    ... I've just shown his to my missus and told her how rare and what the possible costs would be and warned her not to call them old crappy metal in future, her reply was ''well if you had one you could sell it to that bloke in Canada''
    LOL

Sorry Dave but your going to have to tell the missus I don't collect duplicates.

?

I don't want to talk price but DAMN those are expensive scratches.......

Well dis360 , that is a real gem of a helmet , these close ups look great , look after this one my friend , I doubt you will ever see another one let alone be able to touch it!! This is a top top top end piece of history! By the way Doug , did you remember if it was one of the others seen 30 years ago or a new discovery? Leon.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hey dis360 ( we really need a name here - wink wink)

Not dried blood. So...... With these and all the pics shown I see zero red flags, this is an identical twin to mine, I mean identical, as far as I'm concerned without having it in hand, she's good to go.

in fact the scratching shows the substructure to the decals and that's exactly what you want to see. The party shield has unique features of the red exterior border "overflowing" not seen in the fakes of this decal type, and both possess period print charachteristics expected.

My God, how beautiful.

I asked earlier but in all the excitement perhaps you didn't read it, but, your a collector of militaria / helmets?

Name is Dan by the way, sure is great news to hear your opinions on being authentic, I feel extremely fortunate to have found something so rare and then wake up this morning to your "jaw hitting the floor" quote and pictures of yours, I would have passed on this helmet if it wasn't for you, i truly thought it was fake. I have to say I don't specifically collect militaria/helmets, but do collect anything relating to history and this helmet drew me in from across the shop when I walked in, it's just amazing. My birthday is in 2 days and I feel I got myself a great gift
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet  

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast