Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Help identify Helmet

Article about: by Tommy Burgess Yes Your Right Terry... I got a different light (LED) .. Last Night and Continued to Examine in the pics I posted up top You can see what looks like EF or ET.. so I Went Bac

Okay I got it!!!! Side Stamp Q-66 Back Stamp EF 35 Took a while with Dewalt light and Magnifine glass But I got it...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03459.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	635685   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03460.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	635687  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03471.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	635691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03478.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	635692  

Name:	DSC03480.jpg 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	635693   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03482.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	635694  

Name:	DSC03483.jpg 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	635695   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03474.jpg 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	635696  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I Know Pics Suck Best I can Do with What I Got>>>>

Does your camera have a macro setting Tommy, for close up subjects? It's usually a little flower icon. I missed the tale of the helmet somehow the last time I was in the thread, very interesting!

?

EF probably D something?

My Camera is 10yrs old Has button But only 5 pexil ... Sorry I am a relic lol

not up in SS helmets but I like that one.

Thanks Everyone... Its a relic Notice a lot of people Devalue relics.. Oh well I think its interesting... SELL ?????.. IDK

Quote by M38 View Post
    I wouldn't argue with the thumbs up from those who know. But you're killing me with suspense Mr B........what is the story behind this one, of which you speak? Welcome to the forum by the way and tell us more about your collecting interests please.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Come on Terry, you have forgotten in one day as much as I, and most others will ever know about this hobby! Few among us will ever know as much as you! I agree, however, that we are all biting our nails to hear the story behind this one. So, Tommy, have at it, I hope the Vet told you a little more. Jim G.

M38
    ?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Come on Terry, you have forgotten in one day as much as I, and most others will ever know about this hobby! Few among us will ever know as much as you! I agree, however, that we are all biting our nails to hear the story behind this one. So, Tommy, have at it, I hope the Vet told you a little more. Jim G.

You are way too kind Jim but thanks.

Tommy, I think you still need to work on the rear number. With a Q mark on the side, the rear number would not start with the letters EF. Should be letters like DN or R or S or T. Sometimes it helps to rub chalk over numbers impressed in metal, or even wet the area. Probably goes without saying, but don't use steel wool or anything that will scrub away the patina on the steel.

Cheers,
    Terry

Yes Your Right Terry...
    I got a different light (LED) .. Last Night and Continued to Examine in the pics I posted up top You can see what looks like EF or ET.. so I Went Back to left Side and I Could make out 66 and what seemed to be a Q... so went Back to Back Stamp to examined more and Now after hours I Think I can see The Connecting Line to make it a D..You can Definitely See The Stamp in Back They must of Stamped these things With a Sledge hammer Back then. Gonna Get Back to Work on it. I will try the chalk thing I was afraid to put any thing on it so I been flying in the dark to sorta soeak...
    Thanks once again Everyone.. and if I may ask What would the Value on this Be Ive been to different things I I am just curious...
    Update: Really trying to Make good verification...I am placing paper over stamp and going over paper with pencil To raise #### onto paper The Back stamp is still Giving Me Trouble.. Looks Like E But also D I am checking Side and I think I may Have what I need I Pretty Sure I Have Imposed the Q-- Going to Keep Checking I Wanna Be 100% sure here...
    Thanks
    Last edited by Tommy Burgess; 01-26-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast