Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Help identify Helmet

Article about: by Tommy Burgess Yes Your Right Terry... I got a different light (LED) .. Last Night and Continued to Examine in the pics I posted up top You can see what looks like EF or ET.. so I Went Bac

Default Help identify Helmet

I have What appears to be A waffen Double decal M-40 or M-35. It has a stamp under back brim I Made out as 2310? and on left side under brim I can make out a Q there are more letters or Numbers just cant make them out. I don't wont to apply any Chemical that could take away the history of Helmet.. I want to say thank you for your Valuable time...

Tommy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identify Helmet   Help identify Helmet  

Help identify Helmet   Help identify Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identify Helmet
    P
    Many

i may be corrected on this by the more expienced collectors. but to me the decal looks ok to be a ET. variant?

The shell is an M40!...

I don't collect relics so I don't know what to look for in "enhanced" relic and semi relic shells, but this one looks good to me. I don't see signs of cleaning around the decals. The only area that makes me scratch my head is the area at 7:00 on the runic decal, but other than that, the decals, or what is left of them, look like correct "Q" style transfers. All in all, I think it is a good Q M40 double decal SS helmet. Jim G.

?

What I'm seeing is a semi relic Quist M40 with what appears to be relic decals but I daresay requests for more detailed photos will follow, the lot no/ will go someway to giving some more information

Knocked about but hard to fake that finish ......... h'mm, two good SS finds in a few days, might just be a record?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by geelong View Post
    i may be corrected on this by the more expienced collectors. but to me the decal looks ok to be a ET. variant?
    It's a Q. Correct Q decal, fakers haven't faked this style of Q yet with any accuracy, the party decal what remains is hard to say but it's not applied over the damage so I am comfortable saying this is a good Q DD M40 which are actually not all that rare, I've seen well over 20 maybe more and owned 3 or 4 at the same time.

Quote by DougB View Post
    It's a Q.
    thanks what gives it that gold tint. is it the lacquer.

?

You'll note the party decal is the same, I'd say it's more being in such poor condition due to the elements. That said these Q decals with age and storage conditions can turn a gross pee colored shade vs gold and I'd say that is a combination lacquer / storage issue. I find the "pee toned" Q decals a real visual turn off personally.

?

I agree with Jim. Good Q for me as well. Looks like it maybe a double printed runic Q.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast