Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

help needed with SS Decal

Article about: What do you think of this decal ? its on a M42 HKP64 batch number 2733 thank you for any help

Default help needed with SS Decal

What do you think of this decal ? its on a M42 HKP64 batch number 2733 thank you for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help needed with SS Decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help needed with SS Decal
    P
    Many

From what we have agreed on from observations, HKP did not produce factory SS helmets. An M42 of any maker could be found with a field applied Pocher decal normally for foreign volunteers. The decal is usually seen on the opposite side of a factory SS helmet. From what I can see, this does not appear as a Pocher SS decal.
    Which side of the helmet is the decal placed ?
    D.

Unfortunately HKP didn't make SS helmets.
    The runes are also too 'sharp' on their corners to be a Pocher IMO.
    Nick

EDIT: Maybe I spoke to soon on the decal! Did not see David's post.

DOUBLE EDIT: Maybe I should read more clearly - I see David has come to same conclusion on the decal.
    Anyway - i'd go with his 40+ yrs of experience over mine

The decal is on the right hand side of the helmet, thank you for your help

Hi, well the left rune looks thicker to the right one to me and there does not seem to be any metallic element to the decal, so i do not like that, and as said HKP we not a factory producer of SS helmets, put together i would say a fake Pocher style decal. Leon.

Thank you all

Just to warn people off this helmet is for sell on ebay 232983834881 up to £780 at the moment ,someone wont be happy when they find its not right

Quote by kradman View Post
    Just to warn people off this helmet is for sell on ebay 232983834881 up to £780 at the moment ,someone wont be happy when they find its not right
    Unless the buyer is a "Hermit collector". Plenty of them in the world. No peers, no collector friends, not involved in any respectful forums, outdated or incorrect reference material. If nobody tells him otherwise he will be happy...another "victimless crime" ? Until he tries to sell it. Then he is a victim.
    D.