MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

High Quailty Repro SS Helmet?

Article about: Just a tip in order to recognize a fake chicken wire german helmet, a genuine one will have the "shadow" of thw wire printed on the helmet, even in good condition. It works for a l

Default Re: High Quailty Repro SS Helmet?

Hi Schwerpunkt & battle gear

Thanks for your comments.Maybe I will try to weather and camo it if I can find how to do it,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement High Quailty Repro SS Helmet?
    P
    Many

Quote by kevin710 View Post
    Hi Schwerpunkt & battle gear

Thanks for your comments.Maybe I will try to weather and camo it if I can find how to do it,

It will still look like sh*t , what do you want this helmet to be for you ? It doesn't have any historical value.

?

Kevin , if you want to remove ther decals try using steam at first, if they have been water transfer applied they should come off pretty easy, as for ageing and camo its a bit more complicated,plus a lot of trial and error.

hello everyone,
    I wish to show you the sizes of cells on an original basket. Pay attention.
    Cheers
    Maxim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture High Quailty Repro SS Helmet?  
    Arktis ist Nicht!

Hi Maxim
    Thanks for sharing this vintage chicken wire.That's really cool

Quote by davejb View Post
    Kevin , if you want to remove ther decals try using steam at first, if they have been water transfer applied they should come off pretty easy, as for ageing and camo its a bit more complicated,plus a lot of trial and error.
    Hi davejb
    Thanks again for your great help, It sound much easier and safer than scrape it.

thanx kevin
    look to another type of basket
    For sale: Camo basket for Stahlhelm - WW2 militaria collectors-War relics forum. Uniforms, Guns, helmets, battlefield archeology
    Ask me if you want basket (PM)....
    Cheers
    Maxim
    Arktis ist Nicht!

i dont like it at all ,try to sell and buy one less specacular 200 dollars wil get you a nice one

?

Kevin, what is it you want to do? , collect original , or for your own relatively inexpensive displays collect reproduction. If originals , be prepared for the high prices that you may need to pay and try to buy from reputable dealers. If its reproductions because of financial restraints, then there are good looking repros either with decals or without and they are made nearly to the same looks as an original. As mentioned you have a post war german helmet which has been overdone as an SS without any thought as to ageing etc, the liner and chin strap both fake and not too well done . I have a couple of reproductions that i have prepared as SS and fallshirmjaeger because of the vast costs involved, the others i have are original Heer without decals. There are those who want nothing but the best, thats fine, but if like me money is in short supply so i have to wait for the odd bargain and shopping aroud does tend to produce something good every now and then, if you want to talk more PM me.

is sooo fake and IMO not even a good one

The shape and flatness of the air vent gives it away as post war. I think a re-enactor in the US might pay $150.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast