Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Holger Danske Helmet surprise!!!

Article about: by SSamir Please dont take me wrong guys its still a great catch, I just wanted to point out that the decal wasn't an authentic one. I apologize if I have offended anyone. I was only being h

Default Re: Holger Danske Helmet surprise!!!

Yeah ..... whew, looks like someone oversprayed the helmet with old nitrocellulose lacquer that has yellowed.
    Well, Europe will wake up in a few hours time - THEN the opinions will fly ......look out!!

Cheers, Dan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Yeah ..... whew, looks like someone oversprayed the helmet with old nitrocellulose lacquer that has yellowed.
    Well, Europe will wake up in a few hours time - THEN the opinions will fly ......look out!!

Cheers, Dan
    Most likely yes, its the only logical explanation IMO.

?

I think it looks good.....and the runes being there is not necessarily a bad thing.. I'm sure there's lots of reasons why a resistsnce fighter would have left it there!!

?

I hate to rain on your parade Danmark but Samir is right, that is the old round bottom fake decal, fairly convincing until you learn to recognize the little bugger. It totally breaks down under a powerful loupe or digital magnification. Runes are much too high in the shield, incorrect and offset break and incorrect shield are the graphic problems with it. Then there is the construction problems. Sorry my friend.

PS the decal has also been sanded, that's the wear.

Well, at least I tried. Sorry guy!

?

Like said previously..."it wasnt advertised as an ss lid " and wasnt very costly, so no loss here, IMO. Besides..gives the shell a nice look, and isnt a completely terrible fake, as it looks nicely aged. I say, "CHEERS"!

Thanks Doug & co,
    No worries - as I normally stay right away from SS stuff and paid a relic price for it there was no real parade to rain on
    I actually applaude the effort someone went to and pity them for getting so little money for it!
    But jeez, the sanding you speak of is good work - you'd stuff a dozen attempts up before you got a job like this one.
    I do appreciate your appraisal - and a guy at work has a USB microsope camera - so just for sh*ts & giggles, I'm gonna take some real close-ups of the sanding.
    later, Dan

Lækker hjelm du har fået fat i der

The danish resistens dident remove the decals, they were just used as they was!

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    But jeez, the sanding you speak of is good work - you'd stuff a dozen attempts up before you got a job like this one.
    I do appreciate your appraisal - and a guy at work has a USB microsope camera - so just for sh*ts & giggles, I'm gonna take some real close-ups of the sanding.
    later, Dan
    Take closeups of the runes edges and both breaks at 20 and 200 times too. ;-)

Actually there are far better fake wear jobs out there than this one, and far better fake decals as well.

Quote by SSamir View Post
    OK, here it is. I always save odd looking SS decals in my computer for study.

Attachment 337866
    I'm confused, so round bottom Pochers like this are OK but ET ones are not???

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast