Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The hunt continues :) SS decal?

Article about: I dont even think that shell is real, ugly helmet with horrid decals

4md
    ?

Default Re: The hunt continues :) SS decal?

I dont even think that shell is real, ugly helmet with horrid decals

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

More technical rumblings LOL - yes these are rudimentary fakes. The decals shown in the pinned section are the "major" known decals. The known variants are rare in the extreme. The subtle print variations in known major decals would not be so radical a departure either. So use the guide and reference to compare with this rule of thumb- if anything doesn't even come remotely close, you've got a real dog with a 99.9999% chance.

In fact in all the years I've been doing this and the thousands of Is it Real posts I have seen I have seen only 1 known variant posted. Of course everyone thought it was fake but myself and Kelly as we are the only two with the SD decal variant in collections. But who would know what to look for in a variant unless you've had them in hand and a massive quantity of real ones to compare. Like F-B and black service dress tunics, variations from the norm become apparent when large volumes of real and pretend pass through your fingers and you can network with others who have the same field of interest and study.

One of these days I need to do a fake SS decal section. Maybe before I depart for vacation I'll take it up. Wasn't doing anything on the long weekend this weekend and hockey playoffs are sadly over....

Thank you for that "ramble" Doug,informative as ever. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

The two vent holes are not alike...vent hole over the SS-decal looks VERY strange!

Regards
    Replace

Agreed, beaten with a hammer when inserted by the Chinese worker busy at his repo-factory?

obv fake!! :P

Ramble warning..

I've seen a few in my short time of collecting and that one's obviously a VERY poor fake

Iím a rambler, Iím a gambler
    Iím a long way from my home
    If the people donít like me
    They can leave me alone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12