Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The hunt continues :) SS decal?

Article about: I dont even think that shell is real, ugly helmet with horrid decals

?

Default The hunt continues :) SS decal?

Good day all, hope it is a good one so far. I have read lots on this site about SS decals, especially Doug's excellent technical ramblings Im slowly getting a grasp on what to look for, but also am also lacking some much knowledge of the variety and variations out there. I have asked for some better pictures, in the meantime is there a chance that these are genuine? .......As always on guard and skeptical, glad you guys are able to help and save all us newbies some $ The hunt continues :) SS decal?The hunt continues :) SS decal?The hunt continues :) SS decal?The hunt continues :) SS decal?
    Last edited by stimey; 06-27-2013 at 08:54 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The hunt continues :) SS decal?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: The hunt continues :) SS decal?

Run fast run far.....not even close! Post war waterside decals on a repainted helmet

?

Figured as much, just had to be sure - thanks

?

They are simply printed decals, like you'd get in a model kit....there's no layers or depth to the decals....the runes are too thin, wrong shape and style...the party shield is the same, the swastika is too thin and floats in an oversized white disc

?

Classic fake. Like AMTG, said, run.

?

Not too be funny but if you are studying the real decals posted on this site which are numerous and can't spot this one as complete rubbish more serious study of Dougs technical "ramblings " is needed , this one is that bad it isn't a difficult one !!

Not sure i would describe the input of one of the most renowned, knowledgable and informative collectors of German Helmets and decals in particular SS Helmets on the planet ( I don't say that lightly ) as " ramblings " !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Are these the Airfix SS decals? Makes you wonder what size the helmet is 1:72nd perhaps
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Not too be funny but if you are studying the real decals posted on this site which are numerous and can't spot this one as complete rubbish more serious study of Dougs technical "ramblings " is needed , this one is that bad it isn't a difficult one !!

Not sure i would describe the input of one of the most renowned, knowledgable and informative collectors of German Helmets and decals in particular SS Helmets on the planet ( I don't say that lightly ) as " ramblings " !!
    I guess you did not read this part : Im slowly getting a grasp on what to look for, but also am also lacking so much knowledge of the variety and variations out there........ In Doug's SS Runic Decal Reference Section I am quoting: "Please note I have not posted the subtle print variations that can exist within maker and year to year nor is this list complete but has the major makers and this list is just a guide and is by no means a definitive list"..... Once again, what I wrote: Im slowly getting a grasp on what to look for, but also am also lacking so much knowledge of the variety and variations out there - in other words, I wanted to be sure this was not a variation of a decal / set that would not fall into his definitive list !

I am not sure why you would would feel my statement of studying Doug's guide and referring to "especially Doug's excellent technical ramblings" would be anything less than complimentary !

No,this one is terrible,look in the reference section,you will find nothing like this!!! Leon.

?

Quote by stimey View Post
    I guess you did not read this part : Im slowly getting a grasp on what to look for, but also am also lacking so much knowledge of the variety and variations out there........ In Doug's SS Runic Decal Reference Section I am quoting: "Please note I have not posted the subtle print variations that can exist within maker and year to year nor is this list complete but has the major makers and this list is just a guide and is by no means a definitive list"..... Once again, what I wrote: Im slowly getting a grasp on what to look for, but also am also lacking so much knowledge of the variety and variations out there - in other words, I wanted to be sure this was not a variation of a decal / set that would not fall into his definitive list !

I am not sure why you would would feel my statement of studying Doug's guide and referring to "especially Doug's excellent technical ramblings" would be anything less than complimentary !
    I was merely pointing out that if you can't spot this as a fake one further serious study is required this is one of the most unsubtle fakes you will see and " ramblings " was an unusual way to put Doug's input but maybe your meaning was lost in translation as it were !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast