Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?

Article about: My dad was in the war and all I remember him telling me is that he took this helmet off a fallen soldier and hand carried it back. On the inside leather liner he inscribed (in pencil) "

Default I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?

My dad was in the war and all I remember him telling me is that he took this helmet off a fallen soldier and hand carried it back. On the inside leather liner he inscribed (in pencil) "K.D. (his initials), April '45, Wirges, Germany". Stamped with "NS62" and "D291". I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?The helmet appears complete, intact and in excellent condition. I don't believe it was tampered with in any way since the war. Thanks for anything you can tell me...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Tim,

Welcome to the forum

There will be others with more knowledge than I that will be around to comment and correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that you have a beautiful M35 double decal Heer helmet. Not sure if the picture is under exposed but if so it appears to be my favorite apple green color.

NS is the maker (Vereinigte Deutsche Nikelwerke) and 62 is the size. D291 is the lot number. Do you know if there is a stamp on the inside dome of the shell?

Something that I have been itching to add to my collection. Thanks!

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Further, are there any markings on the tip of the chin strap (maker, date, etc)? I also think I see a faint embossing on the back of the leather liner (pic #5 by the knot). The 55 in a circle indicates the liner size. It may be a Schuberth liner.

But as noted before, let's wait for some of the experts to comment. In the meantime, this is what I hope can be helpful.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I hope you get some good news back from the folks here. I LOVE seeing this sort of thing, because it's from the relative the helmet was passed down to and not just another collector (like me) picking it up for my hoard. The helmet has a value to me, to you (I suspect) it's priceless. And, the truth is, it truly is so long as it's tied to those who it means the most to. Thanks for sharing it!

?

Looks like a beautiful NS M35 DD Heer helmet with an aluminum reinforced liner band. Looks complete and original - and a very nice example at that!
    Regards,
    John

The guys will want more closeup pictures expecially of the decal but what I can see looks like a nice double decal M-35 helmet that is much sought after by collectors. timothy

?

A beautiful Heer DD!

Thanks for your input. There is a faint oval stamp on the inside dome of the shell. Did not see it before. I cannot make out what it reads but it may have a year (4 characters) in the center (?) with letters following the curve above. Very faint. There are no markings on the chin strap that I can find. There is a circled 55 stamp on the leather insert. I will post more pictures tomorrow in better light. Thanks again...

?

That looks like a good helmet.

Okay - I used a magnifying glass and did locate letters embossed into the tip of the chin strap. I can make out "...TAU" Pieces of a puzzle...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast