Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Inside of the SS Helmet

Article about: Can anyone decode writing on the leather?

Default Inside of the SS Helmet

Can anyone decode writing on the leather?

Inside of the SS Helmet

Inside of the SS Helmet

Inside of the SS Helmet

Inside of the SS Helmet

Inside of the SS Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Inside of the SS Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Its extremely rare to find an SS helmet with a FP number, congrats. I ran both 43942 and 6 and 63942 and 6, none however is an SS unit. The beginning is SS-Mann I believe as it was common for SS soldiers to put SS, then their rank, then their name, and then maybe a unit or FP Number.
    Perhaps the number is not either of the ones I tried.

?

Can it be "7" instead of "3". old number "7" used to have a vertical stroke on the stem. And if the surface is soft leather, it can be challenging to get good result.

I think the numbers are 47444. Prinz Eugen units retreats through our town at the end of the war.

SS-Freiwilligen-Gebirgs-Division Prinz Eugen,
    dann 2. Sanitats-Kompanie SS-Freiwilligen-Gebirgs-Division Prinz Eugen

Inside of the SS Helmet

?

Interesting. Can u tell us a little more about the helmet, maybe some pics of the rest of the article and how you came about this piece. I'm interested.

Regards
    Samir

?

Quote by JeZoCoH View Post
    I think the numbers are 47444. Prinz Eugen units retreats through our town at the end of the war.

SS-Freiwilligen-Gebirgs-Division Prinz Eugen,
    dann 2. Sanitats-Kompanie SS-Freiwilligen-Gebirgs-Division Prinz Eugen

Inside of the SS Helmet
    Your new numbers make sense and your new photo is 10 times better, no flash glare. Looks like a match to me. Do you live in Austria? Can you post the rest of the helmet?

2 helmets was found in the mud of river Drava near Austrian town Bleiburg just few km from my home. Both i think from SS and both have some battle damage. I do not own the helmets but my friend does. He asked me if i can figure out the numbers. Will try to make some more photos.

What do you think first line is "SS-Sturmmann"?

?

2 helmets was found in the mud of river Drava near Austrian town Bleiburg just few km from my home. Both i think from SS and both have some battle damage. I do not own the helmets but my friend does. He asked me if i can figure out the numbers. Will try to make some more photos.
    Makes sense, SS-PE retreated via Austria. That to me ties up the FP number quite nicely.

?

What do you think first line is "SS-Sturmmann"?
    I believe it's a rank, looked like SS Mann in your first pics. In this pic I dont know. But it's common/expected to see SS (rank) followed by (last name) then (first initial). Bonus then to see and (unit) or (FP number).