Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Jumped in feet first honest opinions please

Article about: Hello everyone ive always had a fascination with ww2 german helmets, and saw this one on ebay, and like a fool who rushes in bought it, upon helmet arriving I inspected it, I have been readi

At the Very Least then, you should post Negative Feedback for the unscrupulous Seller who is currently enjoying spending your hard but honestly earned 200 that you'll never see again...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    If it were real, it would sell for an easy $25,000 - $35,000 with 1 phone call.
    Wow. How in the world did this hobby get like this? Unreal.
    "Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief." - C.S. Lewis

Only 200? I wish I could afford to write off 200 just like that! If that was me I would be out for blood!
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

?

Quote by avenger View Post
    Wow. How in the world did this hobby get like this? Unreal.
    How many mint wire Normandy camo SS helmets exist? The answer: None.
    So it's like any hobby. Supply. Demand. Condition. Provenance. Rarity.
    These add up to how the market sets a price in any collecting hobby.

How much do you think a game worn hockey jersey to the player who scored the winning goal in the 72 Summit Series (Canada vs Russia) sold for? A few hundred thousand dollars, because there isn't another one. But you can buy a game worn jersey right now for $100.

Not every helmet is worth that kind of money. But one-off rarities in any Militaria genre are worth a pile of money.

You can buy a helmet for $100 if you want. But if you want what would arguably be the best helmet on the planet your going to have pay for it.

Yeah I guess. I'm not griping, I'm just shocked. That helmet would be worth nearly a third of my house. I wish I had a dozen.

If you had a dozen, they wouldn't be worth 35K each! Because you would have 12 of them available! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If you had a dozen, they wouldn't be worth 35K each! Because you would have 12 of them available! lol
    True. And, since I'm too lazy to create multiple sales listings, I would only sell them as a set.

I thing everyone of us has been burnt and it definatly makes you a better more careful buyer in the future. I have been done thats forsure and just about killed when a guy sold me a cheap ww1 grenade that turned out to be live . Police were watching him and he wanted it gone. I was pulling the pin, dropped it once but lucky for me the spring has seized up .

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    I thing everyone of us has been burnt and it definatly makes you a better more careful buyer in the future. I have been done thats forsure and just about killed when a guy sold me a cheap ww1 grenade that turned out to be live . Police were watching him and he wanted it gone. I was pulling the pin, dropped it once but lucky for me the spring has seized up .
    That was a close call. I'm glad that spring was seized up. Did the police end up taking it to dispose of?

?

Quote by avenger View Post
    Yeah I guess. I'm not griping, I'm just shocked. That helmet would be worth nearly a third of my house. I wish I had a dozen.
    You can, they are available on eBay for 200 each.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast